cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card...? Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Established Member

Which credit card...? Any suggestions?

Not sure which score this is but on Equifax website my score is shown as 673, Experian 670, Transunion 672 

I have two late payments on an auto loan I co-signed for because my ex and I broke up and she stopped paying.  I got the car back and am now up to date with payments and will re-fi in my own name.

I opened an AMEX gold card and AMEX ED card about a month ago but they only hit Experian.  I applied and got shot down for cards at NFCU but I've overdrawn there alot etc. (but that's not on credit report).

Other than that I have no inquiries on Equifax and I know alot of CC companies use them.  

My question is which card should I apply for to get the highest CL?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Which credit card...? Any suggestions?

Let the Amex cards age for about 6 months to a year. During that time look at your finances and see where do you spend most of your money. Once that's determined look for a card that provides some type of way rewards value in those categories whether it be cash back, points etc. Don't just go looking for a card for high CL. Look for something that will actually fit your spend.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Listen to the clown.  Good advice.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Krusty is wise Krusty will not let you float down thereSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.