Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card has the lowest rate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit card has the lowest rate?

I wonder is there a credit card that has a very low rate thats “hard” to get ? Mine is a 7.34% i believe for platinum
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Which credit card has the lowest rate?

Bourns Employees Federal Credit Union 4.99% APR. Fairly hard to get due to geofence.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a CU here in CO that has a prime rate card - currently 5%

https://www.spaceagefcu.org/loan-type/lend/credit-cards

It is crazy geofenced though. I can't even get in and I live in the same county. They want you to live and work in a small part of town. 

"You are automatically eligible for membership if you or a member of your immediate family is employed or associated with any of our Company Affiliates. You are also eligible for membership if you live, work, worship or attend school within the Lowry Community."

Arapahoe Credit Union, which is open to everyone in CO but nobody else, has a secured card with a fixed 4.9% APR which is kind of unique. Their regular card is a fixed 9.9% or 12.9% though and I'm sure people can make more off their money with it not tied up in a secured card. 

Their website leaves a lot to be desired but they do support the CardNav app that many CUs use to control their cards. 

https://www.arapahoecu.org/creditunion/loan/creditcard.html

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. would love to hear of more.
Message 4 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Info might be a little dated but still pertinent.

What's the lowest CC APR you know? 

Message 5 of 14
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder is there a credit card that has a very low rate thats “hard” to get ? Mine is a 7.34% i believe for platinum

That's a nice interest rate. Which credit card is that?

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 6 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I have the BEFCU card at 5.49% F which is just a little higher than the lowest-available rate of 4.99%, but was really only able to get it bc I apped prior to the geofence.  I believe there is another myfico forum user who received a BEFCU card at somewhere around 7.xx% F, again iirc she apped before the geofence went into effect. 

EPFCU also has a low-APR card as low as 7.25% V (the website lists it as 7.50% V, but that was as of prior to the last Fed rate reduction), together with 1% rewards for every dollar spent.  I apped for and was recently approved for this card, at the 7.25% V rate  Smiley Happy

Website link:  https://www.epfcu.org/loans/credit-card.aspx

Message 7 of 14
redheadtempe36
Contributor

I have a card from FNBO that is "prime" as well (currently 5%).  Has an AF of $49 though and the no longer offer it.

Message 8 of 14
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Reading this thread and its predecessors taught me that my old BankAmericard with an APR of Prime + 1.99 (currently 6.74%), rewards and no AF is a pretty darn good card.

Thanks to all who shared their info!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about lowest publicly offered interest rate on any card? Or the lowest interest rate someone has & which card it is? (That could've been pre-approved; lowered APR over time, etc.) 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.