cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit cards do you use the most?

tag
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which credit cards do you use the most?

@castlefox wrote:

1)    Use my Alliant CC sparinly so I can keep my utilization down.  Only 1,000 CL

2)    Shell Gas card for gas.  Keep charges under 80 bucks a month.    400CL

3)  Smiley Sad use my Alliant CC or cash later in the month so I can keep my unitization very low so I have a better change when apply for a CLI & when I apply for a new card.                

I really want a rewards card but Im gonna do all I can to wait till the winter to apply for one.

It's safer to use credit cards for all your purchases. Try to make multiple payments to the card weekly if you want to keep the balance low.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 11 of 15
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

PenFed Visa - Gas

Target Red Card - Groceries

Costco Amex - Dining out and Costco

Discover - everything else I can run on it

Ray

You know that you only earn 0.25% CB for the first $3000 on Discover right? If you use other cards that give you 1% CB (no restriction) on everything, you can earn a lot more.

You will earn 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus on purchases after your total annual purchases exceed $3000; purchases that are part of your first $3000 earn .25%. 

That's why I just got my Chase Freedom and Amex Blue Cash Everyday cards (sugestion for those who use Discover for everything and don't make that $3,000 mark very quickly).

Message 12 of 15
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which credit cards do you use the most?o

@scientifics wrote:

That's why I just got my Chase Freedom and Amex Blue Cash Everyday cards (sugestion for those who use Discover for everything and don't make that $3,000 mark very quickly).

Good choice, I'm planning to PC my Open Road card to Discover More. I get 3% cash back on gas purchases with my Chase Perfect Card too so I'm keeping it as a backup gas card but I really want to PC it to Chase Freesom.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the United Visa for restaurants, gasoline, and groceries. For the next 8 months, I'm using the AA Amex for everything else to get 1.2 miles per dollar but alternate it with the Amex Blue Sky for 1.3 points per dollar. Since I have several more airline cards and an SPG card to use in between, it's only twice a year that I use 2 cards that offer only 1 mile for every $2 spent. I also rarely use my Priority Club Visa for hotel stays because my husband works for Hilton.
Message 14 of 15
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I put most of my everyday expenses on my AMEX Zync. As I continue to pay down other cards and get my Util% to single digits, I like the restriction of having to pay off my Zync in full on a monthly basis. 

ImageImageImage

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.