Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit cards should I apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit cards should I apply for?

Trans Union = 636 Equifax = 678 Experian = 637 I have a student loan and an Auto loan. I have had 2 collections back in 2004 and they are paid off. I am trying to avoid a bunch of inquires. My reports say that I don't have any revolving credit so I am trying to add one card and make payments on time to improve my score. Also I live in Maryland if this helps. Thanks
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: Which credit cards should I apply for?

AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles
Message 2 of 21
autofly
Contributor

You will have no problem with the AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles, then when you activate it change it to Blue.
Message 3 of 21
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Good advice. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Message 4 of 21
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

autofly wrote:
You will have no problem with the AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles, then when you activate it change it to Blue.

I just got approved for a AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 2k cl its on the way can I just ask for them to change it? and what about CL increase can I ask for one then ?
Thanks
Kooliad 
Message 5 of 21
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

Also will they change it to a blue just like that?
Message 6 of 21
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card Kooliad.  I knew you would not have any problem getting it.  As far as the conversion goes, you can ask to convert upon activation and they will say yes or no.  Just ask the CSR when you call. 
Message 7 of 21
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

SpecFile wrote:
Congrats on the new card Kooliad.  I knew you would not have any problem getting it.  As far as the conversion goes, you can ask to convert upon activation and they will say yes or no.  Just ask the CSR when you call. 

SpecFile thanks should I talk to someone or due it online for the change to blue and CL increase?
Message 8 of 21
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Talk to a live person.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the Gold Delta Skymiles and got approved w/a $1k limit, 1 collection due to fall off next year. Also did for boyfriend and he got a cl of $2k, and he has $7k in open collections and a $15k (unpaid) tax lien.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.