cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit issuer uses TRANSUNION for ficoscore?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit issuer uses TRANSUNION for ficoscore?

My current EXPerian score is 572. and My transunion makes no sense and is 719. Which credit issuer uses transunion fico score? I would like to apply for one who ever looks at transunion only. As I was told on this wonderful forum!

Please help me with this. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit issuer uses TRANSUNION for ficoscore?

Barclays pulls transunion only, atleast for the uber card for sure and Synchrony does for a lot of their co-branded store cards. Even if the experian score is vatanage and your TU is a fico score thats still way off. Seems to me something isn't showing up on one or the other, I suggest you go to www.annualcreditreport.com if you haven't already and make sure both CR are in argeement.

Message 2 of 10
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

1. Barclays pulls TransUnion for Apple Rewards Visa
  2. US Bank pulls TransUnion for the Cash+ Visa

Of course, YMMV because I've read it might depend on your location. For the record, I have both cards and both pulled TU.

Message 3 of 10
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

@Caardvark wrote:
  1. Barclays pulls TransUnion for Apple Rewards Visa
  2. US Bank pulls TransUnion for the Cash+ Visa

Of course, YMMV because I've read it might depend on your location. For the record, I have both cards and both pulled TU.

As a data point, US Bank Cash+ pulled Equifax for me  (it's possible that I had TU frozen when I app-ed).

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure both CRA are reporting a FICO score and not a Vantage score should be your first indicator.  Both have separate algorithms and therefore will give you different scores.  Lenders only use FICO so whatever your Vantage score is for one or the other can and should be disregarded. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have said, that’s a huge difference. Definitely worth getting your free annual reports. I’d also like to mention that Discover’s Score Card gives a free TU FICO 8 monthly.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i m already researching cards for TransUnion & i m in TX. This is who i have come across so far.

Barclays Choice privilge with upto 64,000 points earning potential expires nov 30, 2018. Most places have 32k offer, only link at doctors.... has 64k points.

US bank, in my opinion does transunion as well. RBFCU a San Antonio, TX based credit union gives high limit on their platinum card (not sure without membership or not) but uses TransUnion. Merrick bank uses transUnion.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! thank you guys so much! 

what credit score does barclays look for? Anything above which score is good to apply?

Also, for sure my vantage score with TU is more correct. it does show my late payments and collection accounts etc. for some reason myfico doesn't show that at all with TU. It shows zero negatives. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! thank you guys so much! 

what credit score does barclays look for? Anything above which score is good to apply?

Also, for sure my vantage score with TU is more correct. it does show my late payments and collection accounts etc. for some reason myfico doesn't show that at all with TU. It shows zero negatives. 

They use fico like every other bank, except chase which has its own risk evaluation system. I got approved for the barclays uber card with a 713 fico score, I only had one inquiry on my TU report which was 5 months old. I hear barclays isn't a fan of seeing lots of inquiries. Before you apply go get a full credit report from TU and see if  your negatives are on there, if so I would hold off on applying. Its not worth a hard pull if you just looking to apply for random card, wait till you deal with the neagtives or they have aged and then apply for a card you really want. 

Message 9 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Also keep in mind that even though they may pull "one" report for application and approve it, they "may" use another report for an AR and if the reports are drastically different you may see some AA.

As everyone suggested I would get your actual FICO scores from all 3.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.