cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which creditors want a balance to report?

tag
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Which creditors want a balance to report?

I received a letter from Amex today. In the letter they apologized and said due to an error they forgot to include my FICO score and information about my APR when they sent the card so they were sending it now. In the FICO breakdown Amex said one of the things negatively impacting my score is too many accounts with balances. I was wondering which lenders want my balance on their card to report and which ones don't mind. I have 4 cards and my goal is to only have one of them report a balance but I feel like some lenders will get pissy about it. My guess is of the cards I have only Citi would mind about my balance not reporting. Or do the lenders not really care?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which creditors want a balance to report?

No one really cares. Individual lenders can see your activity even if you pay before statement closes. 

From the ones you have, the only one I've read that "cares" is Discover. Someone cited something like that Discover looks at balance or statement activity for CLI (per csr).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.