cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is your favorite card and why?

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Which is your favorite card and why?

@DI wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Discover More is a good second card, but I really don't think it is the best card. The rewards program isn't really good enough for that.

Having the card with it's credit line intact and not worrying about an AA outweighs the rewards program.   One can have a card that offers the best rewards.  But when the credit line decrease it quickly become the worst card ever.  

Both of my PenFed cards have stable, high and growing CL's and far better rewards. I have absolutely no concerns about AA from PenFed.

Message 21 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

Discover More is a good second card, but I really don't think it is the best card. The rewards program isn't really good enough for that.

Having the card with it's credit line intact and not worrying about an AA outweighs the rewards program.   One can have a card that offers the best rewards.  But when the credit line decrease it quickly become the worst card ever.  

Both of my PenFed cards have stable, high and growing CL's and far better rewards. I have absolutely no concerns about AA from PenFed.

With all due respect,PenFed is overrated.  PenFed isn't up to snuff.  Nothing creative is brewing with them right now.  It might not be a good time to put the cards into action right now.  It's only known for high credit limits which enticed many applicants to apply.  I'm just saying.  Smiley Wink 

Message 22 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Right nothing is happening, except...

the 5%/2%/1.25% cashback rewards posted to your statement in the period earned. Did I mention the rewards are uncapped, too? Discover does not hold a candle to this. I have both cards. I use both cards. I have a high CL on both cards. I definitely think PenFed is the better organization and has the better CC. Overrated? I think not.

Message 23 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

How about different cards are best in different areas?

Not only does "best" vary for individual users, it also varies in terms of what you want. Some want cash back, some want travel points, some want flexibility, some want high CL's.

Please, please, please, in the spirit of the season, can we avoid another "there is only one best" argument? Smiley Tongue

Just to stir the pot, I think that a better question might be, "What is the best combination of 3 different cards?" or something similar.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
How about different cards are best in different areas?

Not only does "best" vary for individual users, it also varies in terms of what you want. Some want cash back, some want travel points, some want flexibility, some want high CL's.

Please, please, please, in the spirit of the season, can we avoid another "there is only one best" argument? Smiley Tongue

Just to stir the pot, I think that a better question might be, "What is the best combination of 3 different cards?" or something similar.

+1

This thread didnt go where I thought it would. It is like you said EVERY person has a card that is BEST for them. There is not one best card. As said some like miles rewards, some like cashback, I like my Best Buy points because that is my favorite store. Some just like low interest rates... the list goes on. There is not going to be just one card that will be BEST and I wasnt trying to get that argument going. I just simply thought it would be interesting to see all the cards out there that people really like. I mean we know no ones favorite card is First Premier or Credit One. But thought some may say hey I like this card for this reason and maybe even people will discover cards they didnt know about., Just thought everyones opinion would be interesting it wasnt even meant to be a debate but that where it went. LOL. So I guess lets do this everyone just list your favorite card and why. Lets not argue against someone elses favorite. I am sure I will be in the large minority of those who think the Best Buy Reward Zone MC is their favorite. It will also vary on what people qualify for. For example I wont qualify for Discover or AMEX so they cant be my favorite since I havent used them. So this will vary greatly if everyone just lists their favorite and why and lets not say mine is better than yours because or knock their reason for liking their card.

Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes feel free to list two or three if you dont have just one favorite. Some use certain ones at certain stores. Like my Best Buy RZMC if I had a Discover More card that gave 5% cash back on gas I may use it at gas stations and my RZMC everywhere else. You could have a couple that you use to maximize your rewards so it doesnt have to be just one. Just list what you like and feel free to share why.

And please no arguing or knocking others.

Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@DI wrote:

With all due respect,PenFed is overrated.  PenFed isn't up to snuff.  Nothing creative is brewing with them right now.  It might not be a good time to put the cards into action right now.  It's only known for high credit limits which enticed many applicants to apply.  I'm just saying.  Smiley Wink 

I don't know my cash back for last month was $80+……doesn't seem that overrated to me Smiley Happy 

Message 27 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

Please do not take my post to threads like these serious.  In reality, I do not care about any particular card or bank.  As long as my balances are showing zero,  I am happy.  If the customer service is good or bad, if the rewards programs are good or bad, it doesn't make me a bit of difference.

What satisfy me most about any card is keeping it open.  They can raise the rates, they can cut the limits and they can change the due dates.  But just keep the card open.   

Message 28 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

No seriousness taken ;P

Just having a bit of fun with the topic. 

Message 29 of 49
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. PenFed Visa Platinum (overrated, underrated, not rated, they are the best)

2. Ameriprise World Elite Master Card (though issued by sub-prime Barclay, this card probably one of the best non CU cards)

3 - 4. Addison Avenue Visa Platinum.

3 - 4. Affinity FCU Visa Platinum.

5. Discover More

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.