Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which lender best for Auto Cli's?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Which lender best for Auto Cli's?

I have the cards listed below in my signature, are any of the lenders known for auto cli's? I don't want any new accounts or hp's. I just did the amex 3x cli so won't be eligible again until November. All have been pif but some unexpected expenses came up so citi and boa will have 2k total between them. Monthly spend is 5k.

My scores have gone up a few points since approval, My newest is the United card opened almost 4 months ago the rest are older. I'll spend on whichever card has the best chance for a auto cli. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Which lender best for Auto Cli's?

I just posted about my auto cli from Discover. Got it after 4th stmt - heavy use. I've heard others report that Discover definitely likes heavy use.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Your next Amex will be 6 months.

You can request online from Walmart Discover every 4 statements, or you can call credit solutions for a manual SP review for HUGE increases whenever.

Discover (real Discover) now offers SP CLI requests every 90 days... you have to call in and ask for SP, otherwise you have to wait for the auto.

Message 4 of 13
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Your next Amex will be 6 months.

You can request online from Walmart Discover every 4 statements, or you can call credit solutions for a manual SP review for HUGE increases whenever.

Discover (real Discover) now offers SP CLI requests every 90 days... you have to call in and ask for SP, otherwise you have to wait for the auto.

Thanks for the heads up, they are my oldest account, but always been a HP for both cli's since I first got it, instant for $1500. I guess I will wait and see what citi does, its a simplicity so maybe they will favor having a BT balance carried.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 5 of 13
KhuKhu
New Contributor

Just wondering for my end, how about the Chase United card? Do they do Auto CLIs often? Does little or heavy use matter to them? (assuming good credit)

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@KhuKhu wrote:

Just wondering for my end, how about the Chase United card? Do they do Auto CLIs often? Does little or heavy use matter to them? (assuming good credit)

Chase seems rare but recent posts have showed TONS of use and payments gets CLI (IF ANY)

Message 7 of 13
qt33

Not Home Depot!

I opened my acct in Sept 2011 and never got a CLI. My parents constantly get CLI's with there HD acct. So I called and asked how come I never got any CLI's. The rep told me they discontinued that feature with new accounts. She said they used to do it but so many people complained, so they discontinued the practice. She then advised that if you want your account to be considered for periodic automatic CLI's, you have to request that feature....

As Of 8/2013: Equifax=683, Experian=666, TransUnion=661

Message 8 of 13
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@qt33 wrote:

Not Home Depot!

I opened my acct in Sept 2011 and never got a CLI. My parents constantly get CLI's with there HD acct. So I called and asked how come I never got any CLI's. The rep told me they discontinued that feature with new accounts. She said they used to do it but so many people complained, so they discontinued the practice. She then advised that if you want your account to be considered for periodic automatic CLI's, you have to request that feature....

People complained about the auto CLIs?

Message 9 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@KhuKhu wrote:

@qt33 wrote:

Not Home Depot!

People complained about the auto CLIs?

Most of the time no, but for the more "useless" cards, I can see it happen.

Not everyone wants a 10k CL on a GAP card for instance, and most people do not have very high income as well. It can get frustrating if a certain lender keeps giving you auto CLI on a card that you don't need high CL on, and that in turns steers away other cards that you deem to be more useful and would like to have a higher CL on.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.