cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which rebuilding card should I try next ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which rebuilding card should I try next ?

I wouldn't worry so much about low balling to get it paid off, you should be more concerned about pay for delete. I just finished cleaning up 11 of them, all pay for delete and the average pay off was about 60%. I paid off the smallest ones first and told the creditors that wouldn't pay for delete that I will get back to them after I pay off the ones that will. Your score will come up quick and once you hit the 650-675 You will have a lot more options.

Good luck! It's worth every penny you spend to have good credit.

Message 11 of 15
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Having three cards is nice, but there's no rush to get there. You don't want any cards like OpenSky. Give it time, and your current loans and cards will be showing a positive payment history. At that point, more options should open up.

How old are your current cards? That might help us to get a handle on when might be a good time to apply again.

Message 12 of 15
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would check Merrick for prequals.

I never paid them a penny for fees or interest.

Also keep checking Cap One and Discover prequals for new accounts.

Maybe ONE store card from somewhere you shop a lot?  Walmart, Amazon?

Stay away from predator cards and tons of store cards.

Rember to keep your inquiry count low.  Maybe 2 or 3 every 6 months MAX.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seconding Merrick Bank, they’re a decent rebuilder. Also there’s Lendup Arrow and Ollo. I have Lendup and they’ve been very good so far, great customer service and their site is bare bones but much better than Merrick. Don’t have Ollo but I would have applied if I needed a third subprime. But I would wait for an offer that has no annual fee, or try for a store card. GL!

Message 14 of 15
dpsyche4
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Seconding Merrick Bank, they’re a decent rebuilder. Also there’s Lendup Arrow and Ollo. I have Lendup and they’ve been very good so far, great customer service and their site is bare bones but much better than Merrick. Don’t have Ollo but I would have applied if I needed a third subprime. But I would wait for an offer that has no annual fee, or try for a store card. GL!

How were you able to sign up for Lendup + Ollo? 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.