cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which should I apply for? CSP or Palladium?

tag
pinipig523
Established Member

Re: Which should I apply for? CSP or Palladium?

@RhubarbPie wrote:
Yes, if you are flying in F or J, you will have lounge access.

What is F or J?

Message 21 of 60
djrez4
Established Contributor

@pinipig523 wrote:

@RhubarbPie wrote:

What is F or J?

I think it's time to call a spade a spade, here.

The questions that you've asked in this thread, while entirely legitimate, demonstrate that you're not really the target market for the Palladium, despite your net worth.  

I suggest that you'll be entirely happy with the Sapphire Preferred and that the extra $500 in annual fee for the Palladium is a waste.  You simply won't use the features of the card that make it (questionably) worth more than the CSP.

Message 22 of 60
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You are aware every visa signature card comes with concierge service, right? If that is your only reason for wanting the palladium you need to look around more.
Message 23 of 60
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

@pinipig523 wrote:

@RhubarbPie wrote:

What is F or J?

I think it's time to call a spade a spade, here.

The questions that you've asked in this thread, while entirely legitimate, demonstrate that you're not really the target market for the Palladium, despite your net worth.  

I suggest that you'll be entirely happy with the Sapphire Preferred and that the extra $500 in annual fee for the Palladium is a waste.  You simply won't use the features of the card that make it (questionably) worth more than the CSP.

Glad someone said it...

F is first, J is business.

Message 24 of 60
bribro
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
You are aware every visa signature card comes with concierge service, right? If that is your only reason for wanting the palladium you need to look around more.

To be fair, the J.P. Morgan concierge, at least in my experience, is vastly superior to Visa Signature's concierge. But I still don't think the Palladium is a good fit for the OP. You can make a good economic/financial case for the CSP, not so with the Palladium unless you really value the intangibles.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 25 of 60
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

To be fair, the J.P. Morgan concierge, at least in my experience, is vastly superior to Visa Signature's concierge. But I still don't think the Palladium is a good fit for the OP. You can make a good economic/financial case for the CSP, not so with the Palladium unless you really value the intangibles.

Does JPM have one concierge for all of their products (palladium, select, etc.), or is there a seperate/differentiated service for each?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 26 of 60
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Does JPM have one concierge for all of their products (palladium, select, etc.), or is there a seperate/differentiated service for each?

The J.P. Morgan concierge is exclusive to the JPM Palladium card. As I understand it, they are a dedicated team at Circles that receive special training to handle J.P. Morgan clients. JPM Select uses the plan vanilla Visa Signature concierge, but they do have a dedicate team (like the Palladium and CSP) for customer service inquiries when you call the number on the back of the card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 27 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

+ 1.

Message 28 of 60
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Would you pay $595 a year just to upgrade from the regular Siggy concierge to the Pd? Lol
Message 29 of 60
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Would you pay $595 a year just to upgrade from the regular Siggy concierge to the Pd? Lol

I think it depends on how much $595 is for you, how much you value the service, and what the other alternatives are.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.