cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who HASN'T been F/R'd by AMEX and isn't superstitious?

tag
sandsanta
Contributor

Re: Who HASN'T been F/R'd by AMEX and isn't superstitious?

Everything.

Message 31 of 44
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@arsenal04 wrote:

Does anyone know if FR are strictly for charge cards?  Or do they FR the credit cards also?

its mostly for charge cards. but all of them will be under FiRe at one point or another.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 32 of 44
arsenal04
New Contributor

Super weak.  I guess it is just something you have to deal with if you want to have an Amex card.

Message 33 of 44
sandsanta
Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@arsenal04 wrote:

Does anyone know if FR are strictly for charge cards?  Or do they FR the credit cards also?

its mostly for charge cards. but all of them will be under FiRe at one point or another.

Incorrect.  Any credit line can trigger it.

Message 34 of 44
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@sandsanta wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Incorrect.  Any credit line can trigger it.

that what i meant. but it happens mostly to charge cards.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 35 of 44
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I've had my zync about 7-8 mos and at most ran 1400 in a month. So far so good, no FR, hope it stays that way.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as:

1)  You were honest during the application process

2)  You were honest during the CLI process (if you had to fill out information regarding income, etc)

3)  You haven't been asking for CLIs all the time or exhibiting other potentially risky behavior (risky in their opinion)

4)  Your current creditworthiness is as it should be

You really have nothing to worry about.

I've been with AMEX for 10 years going strong and have both personal and business accounts with them and even though they know I've gone through some rough-and-tumble financial spells owing to situations beyond my control, I have never been FRed and I don't foresee it happening in the near future.  If it does, in fact, happen, I can't imagine anything bad happening and I would hardly be able to blame them for doing an FR at some point or another.

Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent been FR'd, nor do I care. Ive used my card at just about all the taboo places and made just about all the taboo purchases that seem to trigger an FR.

Frankly, I dont care of I get FR'd. Hell. It could make me eligable for higher CL's on my credit products Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprisingly they haven't FR'd me. I'm 19 years old and have a Zync, which I've had for just over a year. My spending is sporadic, anywhere from 0$ to 5k in a month, including some purchases abroad. I am not sure, but perhaps they haven't ever questioned me because my AMEX savings account has more cash in it than than my estimated spending limit. 

If I end up getting FR'd, I will only be willing to provide proof of the information on my application (income information). I am not sure what AMEX normally requires, but I am definitely not handing over information about any assets in my name to a third party. 

Message 39 of 44
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

No FR for me.  Two personal cards, PR Gold and SPG.  My wife is an AU on both cards.  Got the PR Gold in October 2010, got the SPG in April 2011.  Both are backdated to 1998.  I don't know what my charging ability is on the PR Gold.  My CL on the SPG is $25K.  I run on average $6-$7K per month through Amex, distributed between the two cards depending on how the spend aligns with the bonus categories (a lot of that is travel for work).

I also have not been asked to make any mid-month payments.  The highest monthly balance I've had on either card is around $9K.  The only hiccup I've had is that Amex shut down my PR Gold after my first charge.  I called them and they verified identity and then reauthorized charging. 

FWIW, I would submit to an FR if it happened.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.