cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Uses Equifax FICO Score For Credit Cards?

tag
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Who Uses Equifax FICO Score For Credit Cards?

Citi, Nordstrom, USAA, PenFed, many CU...

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
learnin113
Established Contributor

All Credit Unions.

Message 12 of 21
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

All Credit Unions.

Many credit unions.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 13 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

In California, for me I've seen Chase, US Bank, Discover, and GE all pull Equifax exclusively.

If you don't mind my asking Open, where do you live roughly (county or whatever)? I'm just trying to get an idea on area as from research it seems as though Chase pulls EQ up in the Bay Area but not so much down where I'm at in LA.

        
Message 14 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

I'm in Northern CA.

Here, I've noticed BofA, Citi, AmEx (of course), Macy's, Dept Stores all pull Experian.  

While Chase, Discover, GE, US Bank, ATT, Sprint, and everyone else pulls Equifax.

I've NEVER seen my TU pulled.  I can't even get an inquiry on TU if I tried, unless I apped for Barclays or CapOne, I guess.

Message 15 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

I'm in Northern CA.

Here, I've noticed BofA, Citi, AmEx (of course), Macy's, Dept Stores all pull Experian.  

While Chase, Discover, GE, US Bank, ATT, Sprint, and everyone else pulls Equifax.

I've NEVER seen my TU pulled.  I can't even get an inquiry on TU if I tried, unless I apped for Barclays or CapOne, I guess.

Yeah, TU was the old mid-west CRA, and over time I suspect it had the least resolution when looking at nationwide metrics (before many things reported to all three CRA's) as there were a lot more people living in either the East or West coast areas.  I would've guessed that either Chicago or Texas area lending institutions and the like would pull TU, but the one CU I know in Texas pulls EQ exclusively so beats me.  The one GE-backed anything pulled TU for me, but that's it besides various tri-pulls.

I think BOFA mostly pulls Experian nation-wide, I know they do with mine in LA and the same when I lived in Texas.  I didn't know that on Citi but I sort of expected it.

Thanks for the info!

        
Message 16 of 21
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I have one GE pull and a pull from lender on TU the rest of my pulls are on EQ.  The only EX pull I have is from my lender.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 17 of 21
mybeloved13
New Visitor

Hi, I'm curious as to how you got your credit scores so high. I am a consumer consultant. I would like to help my clients do the same with their credit. Can you help?

Message 18 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

there are members with 845 Fico...you should ask them...I am curious too as my scores get stuck at max 793 EQFico Smiley Sad
Message 19 of 21
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Discover does
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.