cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who all Is applying for the new Sams MC?

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Who all Is applying for the new Sams MC?

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

Do it......now!!! Smiley Happy

I did this morning - approved for $1800, which was bumped up to $8000 via Credit Solutions.

This was also after a Paypal and Gap approval two days before.  

The mastercard still earns 1% CB in the warehouse (boo!), so I may continue to use my Discover It just to run some transactions through every now and again. The 3% travel and dining along with 5% gas is fantastic, especially for a GERCB card! 

What is Credit Solutions?

Recon number for all synchrony formally GECRB credit cards.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 31 of 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Just a note about this.  

Wal-Mart and Sam's are both converting to MC from DC this summer.  If you don't need the inquiry just wait it out and you'll get some shiny new plastic soon.

Message 32 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Reading the fine print, the reward system is interesting.  Total cash back is capped at a pretty generous $5K (as not many reward-sensitive types will use this for non-category spend.)  But the gas part they cap at $6K spend, so $300 cash back, which leaves a lot for travel and dining ($155K spend in fact!).  I guess they really want to limit 5% on gas, hoping that the 3% spend is much less than allowed!

Message 33 of 40
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I almost applied for the Sams Club Discover while there was the $20 promotion...  but waited to long.

I have to decide whether I want to do business or personal... 

I am on the fence whether to apply or not. I had my eye on the ebates visa, and now the sams mc. I don't want to spook Barclay's though.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 34 of 40
BS3
New Contributor

My Sams Card is thru GE Capital Retail Bank - will these also be switched over to MC??

Message 35 of 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If you have a DISCOVER version of Sam's or Wal-Mart it will convert to MC logo and CC#.  If you have the in store it will stay the same as what you have now.

Message 36 of 40
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I won't be. I have enough cards that get 5% on gas between Penfed, Chase, and Discover. GE/Synchrony also isn't exactly my favorite bank to deal with...

Message 37 of 40
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

I will be apping for this card but it will be atleast a couple or months before I pull the trigger.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 38 of 40
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

I have a Sam's Club Business Membership - and this card seems like a pretty good deal for a no AF card, I'm just surprised they didn't give something like 1.5% or 2% back on Sam's Club purchases.  While the 5% cash back on gas and 3% back on dining and travel sound good - it still isn't enough to tempt me.  I'm not getting it.

Message 39 of 40
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:
Not me. Whenever I do exit the garden whenever that might be, I guess it could be part of the escape. No plans at all for it right now.

Good luck, hope I have the patience you have.

HA! It's been a long time coming. This is really out of necessity. Can't keep going and getting approval after approval without some quality issues. I'm trying to secure the longer term solidity than the short term expansion for my profile. Just the view my brain is in at this time.

Perfect explanation.  I plan on gardening (hope I can pull it off) until 2016 and then getting rid of cards I don't need or use and keep just quality cards. Wish me luck... going to be very difficult though, especially with this Sam's Club MC being dangled right in my face...

Here is one thing I really learned though -- if you really, really want something .. get it and then commit to gardening. I could never stay in the garden, because I always had that one more card and eventually I had them all practically that's feasible for my income/spending habits and there isn't much more that I really want. (Fid Amex is only exception, but that will be apped for come the one year anniversary of my Arrival card.)

So... you're saying I should get the 10 pounds of Beef Jerky?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.