cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do you most hope will takeover HSBC credit cards?

tag
startover03
New Contributor

Who do you most hope will takeover HSBC credit cards?

I'm curious who others are hoping for/and why?  (I have a basic rebuilder Household card. Plain, no rewards, high interest. But it has a $2400 credit limit, so....I hope to keep the credit line open after they are purchased)  And what timeline are we probably looking at to have an answer?  Sometime 2011?

Thanks,

Anita

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Who do you most hope will takeover HSBC credit cards?

I have a HSBC and a Household account.  I hope they sell them seperately.

My first choice would be USBank,  I want one of their co-branded cards (my app was just declined)

Second choice would be Wells Fargo, I have a checking/savings account and them, and this would get me in quicker.

American Express would be fine, I could use the backdating, but I am not ready to apply with them yet.    I would think American Express would be interested in Neimans or Saks, but maybe Costco is their style now.

Barclays might be good, they have cobranded cards, I might like.

I would be neutral about GEMB, I have started building credit with them with a PayPal Smart Connect.

Chase would probably dump me.

I just got  a Captial One Cash Back card with a $3000 Cl and I am closing my secured account with them.   So it would not help me as much to end up with more Capital One accounts. 

Message 2 of 30
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

GEMB!

They love me. Smiley Very Happy

-- despite declining EVERY credit line increase request I've made across all of my accounts with them, they've been pretty good to me and have given me some nice credit line increases on my JCPenneys card, and gave me a nice starting limit on my Amazon store card.

Message 3 of 30
brian2220
Regular Contributor

i hope wells fargo because i was never able to get a credit card from them but everyone else Smiley Very Happy

i doubt anybody else besides wells and cap one will bid on hsbc

hsbc is almost garbage 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 4 of 30
MagicShot
Contributor

Prolly wells Fargo or gemb, gemb has been god to me besides the major clds 2 years ago. Just just my first wells fargo cc so not sure of them just yet.
Message 5 of 30
Cranston
Established Member

I'm hoping its Wells Fargo.

I tried Cap One CC before and I am not going to stay if they buy.

Message 6 of 30
CS800
Super Contributor

In my dreams AMEX, i could use the back dating but in reality I think Wells Fargo will end up with the winning bid.

Message 7 of 30
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Anybody but Chase please! Been there, done that...
Message 8 of 30
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I'm hoping for Wells Fargo. As much as I love Cap1 (they've been very good to me), I already have two cards with them, so I don't need/want another. I bank with Wells Fargo and would like to have a card with them, so this would be a way for me to transition into one without having to experience the new credit ding.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

Do we have any idea on which CC companies are showing interest in taking over HSBC?

I hope it goes to Wells Fargo or US Bank. Basically a CC company that I have not have a card yet with. I don't have anything against Cap One or GEMB, I already have enough cards from these two CC companies. Im just hoping it does get sold/bought so I don't end up having a closed card.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.