Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who does Penfed report to?

tag
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

Who does Penfed report to?

do they only report to EQ like most CU's? any report to all 3 CRA's...?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
recoverychick
Regular Contributor

Re: Who does Penfed report to?

All 3.
Message 2 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

All the CU's that I know about report to all 3. They just tend to pull from EQ.

I'm sure that there might be some small local ones who don't, though.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, they report my piddily credit line to all three. Hehe.
Message 4 of 18
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
All the CU's that I know about report to all 3. They just tend to pull from EQ.

I'm sure that there might be some small local ones who don't, though.

Yes they report to all 3 but pulled from EQ for me and they were so nice and resposible, when I applied for a few other things and they needed to "repull" she said "I am going to pull the same report as before since within the 60 days of our inquiry it won't hurt your score again" I was like, wow, so considerate actually. Plus my EQ is my best one, so I was in hog heaven. They asked me how much credit I want, I said 7500 should be enough, she said sir with your score you can get up to 25k and I said, how about 10k, I don't want to overdo it, maybe in time. She approved me instantly and viola, it was their best card too, the platinum visa cash back deal. I was happy.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I might not be conservative in every part of my life (although I am in a lot of ways), but I love conservative lenders. Boring, picky, cautious --just what the doctor ordered for financial health. PenFed, USAA, US Bank --gotta love 'em!

'Grats on the PenFed card! I was even more chicken than you --I asked for $5K, and my voice was shaking so much that I had to repeat it several times! Smiley Very Happy Up to $20+K now and happy as a clam.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 18
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I might not be conservative in every part of my life (although I am in a lot of ways), but I love conservative lenders. Boring, picky, cautious --just what the doctor ordered for financial health. PenFed, USAA, US Bank --gotta love 'em!

'Grats on the PenFed card! I was even more chicken than you --I asked for $5K, and my voice was shaking so much that I had to repeat it several times! Smiley Very Happy Up to $20+K now and happy as a clam.

Well there is nothing wrong with being a responsible lender, avoids problems down the line. So if that's boring, I'll take it Smiley Wink I wasn't really chicken, I have big credit and can handle alot with no problems, I just didn't want a suddenly super big credit line showing up on my reports and sending everyone into a frenzy, figured this way I start respectibly high enough to pretty much stop using the rest of the cards, and let it grow gradually and everyone is happy.You think I should have taken the 25k right off the bat?

Message 7 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't know that you should or shouldn't have. I think it's more an issue of your comfort level.

I do know that I have never seen convincing evidence of AA resulting from "too much" credit.

I realize that many of the off-with-their-heads banks are using this as an excuse to do a CLD, but I'm skeptical.

After lying low for a long time, and apping PenFed first, I had no idea at all if any lender would even speak to me. Got over that pretty quickly, though, lol (6 new accounts in about 8 hours.)

OK, one maybe: before the huh-huh hit the fan in the financial world, Barclays had what seemed to be erratic patterns of granting CL's. After reading enough posts, I got the impression that those with relatively low total CL (and sufficient scores and good history, of course) tended to get higher initial CL's, while those who already had plenty of credit got sort of token limits.

At any rate, this is what I dreamed up to soothe my bruised ego. Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 18
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I don't know that you should or shouldn't have. I think it's more an issue of your comfort level.

I do know that I have never seen convincing evidence of AA resulting from "too much" credit.

I realize that many of the off-with-their-heads banks are using this as an excuse to do a CLD, but I'm skeptical.

After lying low for a long time, and apping PenFed first, I had no idea at all if any lender would even speak to me. Got over that pretty quickly, though, lol (6 new accounts in about 8 hours.)

OK, one maybe: before the huh-huh hit the fan in the financial world, Barclays had what seemed to be erratic patterns of granting CL's. After reading enough posts, I got the impression that those with relatively low total CL (and sufficient scores and good history, of course) tended to get higher initial CL's, while those who already had plenty of credit got sort of token limits.

At any rate, this is what I dreamed up to soothe my bruised ego. Smiley Very Happy

I am sorry, didn't mean to get you mad Smiley Wink I wasn't sure about the AA and I guess figured I play it on the safer side since I did app with PenFed during the financial mess so I wasn't sure it was going to be seen the right way. I am comfortable with just about anything, I handle changes and responsiblity well, but I was just concerned about the AA, maybe I should have taken it now and dealt with the fall out later, oh well, 6 months from now I can ask for the increase. She told me in 6 months if I want to take them up on it, I can ask. Otherwise they will increase it in 5k intervals automatically, I was like ok I'll take that. Oh well, why bruised ego? what happened? I hope it wasn't something I said.

Message 9 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Guardian wrote:

I am sorry, didn't mean to get you mad Smiley Wink I wasn't sure about the AA and I guess figured I play it on the safer side since I did app with PenFed during the financial mess so I wasn't sure it was going to be seen the right way. I am comfortable with just about anything, I handle changes and responsiblity well, but I was just concerned about the AA, maybe I should have taken it now and dealt with the fall out later, oh well, 6 months from now I can ask for the increase. She told me in 6 months if I want to take them up on it, I can ask. Otherwise they will increase it in 5k intervals automatically, I was like ok I'll take that. Oh well, why bruised ego? what happened? I hope it wasn't something I said.

*looks around blinking* --no, any bruised ego was from Barclays giving me $500 on the same card that gave Mrs. MV $15k right out of the gate! Smiley Very Happy

I very much took it as that's what I get for an unplanned app.

And whoa, sorry if it looked like I was mad, because I wasn't at all. I'm a firm believer in people researching the fire out of stuff before they app, and then going with their guts. And from what you wrote, that is exactly what you did.

I have no interest in sitting in judgment over what members do. I just ask that they bring their brains to the game; research the fire out of things; sit back and ponder for a while; and then go for it. If someone discovers (after going through all this) that they have a deep psychic and financial need for the Hello Kitty card, well then hey, best of luck to you!

(I just happen to hate pink.)
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.