Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who does Penfed report to?

tag
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who does Penfed report to?

Guardian, big congrats on the PenFed approval.  I would've gone for the $25k if they offered it (actually I did a few moons ago).  I like keeping my utilization as low as possible on individual cards as well as overall, so give me every last CL penny and I'll smile and say than you very much.  Smiley Wink  So, at your next CLI...go for the gold.  By the way, it's been reported by others that, as of November 2008ish, PenFed now requires 12 months since opening date, before asking for a CLI.  I actually haven't checked personally, but others have reported it.  It's interesting the CSR told you 6 months.

PenFed reports to all three.  The only large credit union I've heard that doesn't is Alliant CU.  Maybe someone on here can confirm this? They supposedly don't report to TU.  I'll know in the next month, since I was approved a couple weeks back.

Message 11 of 18
wmarat
Valued Contributor

To all 3 or 4. I am too lazy to find my Innovis report, but I am almost sure that it reported to Innovis too.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

If someone discovers (after going through all this) that they have a deep psychic and financial need for the Hello Kitty card, well then hey, best of luck to you!

Bwah ha ha haha!  Best quote of the week!    Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

Guardian, big congrats on the PenFed approval.  I would've gone for the $25k if they offered it (actually I did a few moons ago).  I like keeping my utilization as low as possible on individual cards as well as overall, so give me every last CL penny and I'll smile and say than you very much.  Smiley Wink  So, at your next CLI...go for the gold.  By the way, it's been reported by others that, as of November 2008ish, PenFed now requires 12 months since opening date, before asking for a CLI.  I actually haven't checked personally, but others have reported it.  It's interesting the CSR told you 6 months.

PenFed reports to all three.  The only large credit union I've heard that doesn't is Alliant CU.  Maybe someone on here can confirm this? They supposedly don't report to TU.  I'll know in the next month, since I was approved a couple weeks back.

Thank you, appreciate it. Yeah in hindsight, I probably should have, but live and learn right Smiley Wink Yeah I am new to them so I have no idea but going from what she said about the 6 months, maybe she coded me that way because of the score or the availability of the initial offer, don't know but either way I am happy for now. Next change I get, I will take the higher limit, for sure. Thanks.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 14 of 18
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

when apping for penfed credit card rewards, is it better to call and apply via phone or over the computer???
Message 15 of 18
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@y0rascal wrote:
when apping for penfed credit card rewards, is it better to call and apply via phone or over the computer???

I don't think it makes much difference, to be honest.  If you have great credit, you can app online and have the possibility of being instantly approved for whatever you ask for (I know of instants up to $20k+), just as easily as being instantly approved over the phone.  I app'd online myself.  If it takes more time, they'll tell you if they need more info from you (pay stubs, etc...) via your online account login page, where you can check the status of your app.

Message 16 of 18
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@y0rascal wrote:

Don't know. I applied online for the account but when I was asked to call and verify some information based on my own CRA settings, I called and after that she offered and I said sure and wen't from there. So, not sure what to tell you there, mine was in person but not by choice.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 17 of 18
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

thanks for the heads up i guess i will app online in the next few coming weeks waiting to have all my cards update at 0 balances except for my boa with a balance of 4,800 from a previous balance of 6,800...
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.