Legendary Contributor

Who gives MOST CASH BACK??

Prefer a Business card, but personal will do I suppose
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Re: Who gives MOST CASH BACK??

Chares Schwab Invest First Signature Visa.

2% back deposited into your Charles Schwab account. Also no international or overseas charges.

Best I've found so far and I love it.

Message 2 of 12
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

It depends on your spending habits.  If you charge a lot of items on your credit card, I would recommend the AMEX Blue Cash card.  For around $30k in charges that I average yearly I get back around $500-600 with no annual fee.  It's also one of the only cards that doesn't have a limit as to how much cash back you can earn.  You earn 0.5% cash back on your first $6,000, then 1.5% on everything after that for the year.  You also earn 5% bonus cash back at supermarkets, drug stores, gas, etc.

Other than that, my Citibank Driver's Edge Charter World Mastercard pays back 2% cash back, but it has to be used towards the purchase (new or used) or lease of a car.  The cash back expires after 5 years if you haven't used it though, which isn't good if you don't usually buy or lease a car every 5 years.

One word of caution...the best of the cash back cards never have the best interest rates.  They're for people like myself who always PAY IN FULL every single month.  It's great because I know they PAY ME to use the cards, not the other way around.  If you're like the typical American who carries a balance month to month, you're better off getting a no-frills cards with a low interest rate...what you save in interest charges will be much more than what you'd get back if you carried a balance on one of these cards.  I actually don't even know what the interest rate is on these cards since I don't care because I always pay in full, but I know enough not to recommend them to my friends who carry a balance.

Message Edited by Mark_in_Pasadena on 12-11-2008 01:43 PM
Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm about tired of Amex!!

Schwab is backed by Bank of America, that does sound like a pretty good card, if when it goes into the investment account, the economy doesn't take it all away! lol

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have schwab checking you can xfer $ to checking
Message 5 of 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

P E N F E D

@Creditaddict wrote:

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should also look into Chase Freedom and Freedom Plus (small annual fee). Up to 3 percent cash back in a number of categories, 1 percent on the rest.
Message 7 of 12
JuliaTN
New Contributor

Advanta Business cards don't give the most cash back (1-2% depending on what, I don't know, I've never figured it out) but it doesn't report on your personal CCR. Makes it nice if you want to charge lots but still want to take the full 30 days or so before PIF'ing instead of having to time a PIF before it reports.
Message 8 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

P E N F E D

@Creditaddict wrote:

+1. 

Here we go again...
Message 9 of 12
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

PenFed is superior!

Chase Freedom Plus is pretty good.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.