Did you mean: 

Who has the Apple Card?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Who has the Apple Card?

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Apple super-fans would see definite value in it. I'm an Apple super-fan but I don't have the card lol. They keep offering me ridiculously low SLs, so I never take the offer. 

Remember @pinkandgrey, 3 card limit !!!

Is that a garden/simplicity thing? Or a phone hardware limit?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 39
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

I primarily use it to cover Uber and Walgreens at 3%, and am going to put a few smaller Apple store purchases on it in due time. Also I like the interface through wallet, etc, so yeah it's useful.

For anyone using an Uber family plan, however, the 3% Uber is only good for your own device charging the card as Apple pay, vs. my kiddos using the card through our family account, which then goes to 1% as a MC charge (so I have my Amex BCP as the card in place for the family account). Just fyi

Message 12 of 39
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Apple super-fans would see definite value in it. I'm an Apple super-fan but I don't have the card lol. They keep offering me ridiculously low SLs, so I never take the offer. 

Remember @pinkandgrey, 3 card limit !!!

Is that a garden/simplicity thing? Or a phone hardware limit?

I think it is a just keep it simple thing. I do like to poke from time to timeSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sladesurfer wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

7 years ago when I was aping every day for every card on planet earth I would have picked this card up. Now that I'm solidly in the Chase eco system, I don't really app for cards that won't add benefit to my current mix of cards. Anyone seeing real value in this card?

I have it. I think its the Best No Fee card out there. I use it as my backup No foreign Transaction Card

What features make it that for you?  Purely for rewards, it doesn't seem Best to me!

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought into the hype and recently got it lmao. All my apple care plans and phone payments go on there though.

Message 15 of 39
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I have it; not for its failing point structure...but moreso, I was motivated by the security (no number on the card), the metal card, the SL of $20K, and the technology idea behind the card...the bonus, it's Apple, a tech company.  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if you frequently use Apple Pay it’s still only 2%. Altitude Reserve gives 4.5% back for a net 75$ fee.

However the average person only really has like 1 or 2 cars so they probably get tons of use. I personally only use mine to pay for iCloud storage, Apple care and App Store purchases. If I drop my AR in a couple months then it’ll probably get a lot of use.
Message 17 of 39
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I have it. I only got it because of the SP application. I kind of regret getting it. That said, it's ok/fine from my POV. The problem I have is that I see Apple Pay options most often at restaurants, and I get 4x points with my Gold Card there, so 2% is lackluster. In cases where I can use Apple Pay on a non-category purchase, it is the same cash back as PPMC. I don't shop much at Apple Stores or Walgreens. I use the card every now and then "just because." I could easily live without it, and if I could go back in time, I don't think I'd have bothered getting it, but someone who either a) shops at Apple a lot or b) doesn't have very many cards to cover various categories would probably benefit from it.

I have like $1.44 in "Apple Cash" in my wallet waiting to redeem and don't know how (haven't bothered looking since it's only $1.44). For me, the interface seems fine, different, but not really better than other options I have. YMMV.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You would find benefit in this card if you buy a lot of Apple products or frequently use Apple Pay.

Isn't it 2% for most Apple Pay (I know it's 3% for some merchants)?   So that's no better reward wise than using Apple Pay with a standard 2% card.  

I am pretty sure it was @Anonymous   .. posted something about an apple purchase,

using another method and blew the 3% out of the water. IMO

Well, with some caveats, of course. You get 3% back when you use the Apple Card to pay for Apple hardware at Apple.com and the Apple Store.

But if you use a Citi Costco Visa Anywhere card and also have a Costco Executive Membership ($120 annual fee), you get 4% back plus a total 4 year warranty that includes theft and damage protection for 120 days. Only 2% back if you have the $60 Gold Membership.

Pricing for Apple hardware is cheaper at Costco, especially during the Christmas season. So I was able to buy a normally priced (Apple.com and store) $1099.00 Macbook Air for $799.99 in December. Yes, it's the same exact model number and not some cut down 'retail version'.

AppleCare+ is $249 for a 3 year warranty on that laptop. This would make the total price $1,307.56 ($1348 - $40.44 3% cashback) through Apple, using their card.

I paid $799.99 at Costco and got 4% cashback with a 4 year warranty. To be fair, AppleCare+ does include technical support, so the Citi card included 4 year warranty isn't exactly the same. Add in the $120 annual Costco fee and it's still $919.99 and a savings of $419.56 (387.57 + 4% back on the $799.99).

Message 19 of 39
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Why would someone want this card? 

Even my U.S. Bank Cash+ has better cash back rewards at the Apple Store (5%, electronic store category).

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.