Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who hasn't been AA'd at all yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who hasn't been AA'd at all yet?

So, am I the only one on pins and needles waiting for some type of adverse action on one, some, or all of my credit & charge cards? It would seem that you can't win for losing in the current credit climate. I don't have any credit card debt at the moment, and I think that's as much of a liability (these days) as carrying a large balance, if you actually want to keep your current credit lines in tact. I don't doubt that I'll get hit eventually, probably with CLD, since ratejacking me won't mean a thing. But, nothing yet...

Who else hasn't been AA'd yet? Are you trying to stay under the bank radars, or do you just not care?

ETA: Five of my seven cards are 4 months old or less, which is probably the only reason that I haven't seen AA on any of them.

Message Edited by LilMirth on 11-15-2008 05:05 PM
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Who hasn't been AA'd at all yet?

So far, so good!

And I'm not doing anything differently, but then I've always tried to be pretty invisible.

On the other hand, I don't even remotely feel that I'm bullet-proof, so if it happens, it happens. They have their problems, and if I wind up getting hit, I figure it's them, not me.

Luckily, three of my four high-CLI cards are CU cards (if you count USAA as CU, which it's not), so I'm hoping that those will stay OK.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

My two highest CLs are CUs too, so I'm hoping that all will stay well on that front. My third highest is my BoA (oldest, and my fav so far), and that's the one I'm most worried about, so I've been using it lots in hopes that they'll love me too much to AA me, LOL!

The lowest two, Juni & Crap1, I regret getting, so if/when there's AA, I hope it's them and not the others. Smiley Wink

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
So far, so good!

And I'm not doing anything differently, but then I've always tried to be pretty invisible.

On the other hand, I don't even remotely feel that I'm bullet-proof, so if it happens, it happens. They have their problems, and if I wind up getting hit, I figure it's them, not me.

Luckily, three of my four high-CLI cards are CU cards (if you count USAA as CU, which it's not), so I'm hoping that those will stay OK.

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

No AA and I wouldn't say I'm staying under the radar, since I just asked (and received) several increases.

I have alot of cards, so if I were to lose or get chopped, I still have back ups. Mostly the cards are used for the rewards and to build credit. If they took them, oh well... I can go back to using the debit card. It has rewards too now that I think of it. They just are not as good as the cc's. Anything that gets closed would still be on my reports for the next 10 years so, I am ok there as well. (Considering my health matters, I think the tradelines will outlive me, so it's all good)

Message Edited by stef37 on 11-15-2008 05:19 PM
Message 4 of 33
MercedesV
Established Member

BOA has been softing me regularly for the past month or so.  They check me out 2-3 times weekly.  At this point I have the "if it happens, it happens" attitude with them.

USAA, Navy, and Penfed are my cards with higher limits.  I have been carrying a balance with USAA for a while that I am working on paying off.  No problems there and I opened those 3 around April.

My Amex Blue is about 6 months old with no balance.  No AA there.

I just went for CLI's in most of my cards a couple days ago. Got small increases on my two Citi cards and Discover.  I tried Navy.  They did a hard pull and I have received no response so I assume I was denied.

So much for staying under the radar. Smiley Wink

Edited to spellcheck.

Message Edited by vbmaxx on 11-15-2008 05:29 PM

7/5/2015 TransUnion FICO 850
Message 5 of 33
wmarat
Valued Contributor

So far, so good.

BOA is raining CLI's on me.

Citi gave me small CLI.

Amex does not AA me, YET.

I have 3 accounts with GEMB and regret having them. Sometimes I wish they gave me reason to close accounts.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 33
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

I have five open accounts of my own, three that I am either AU or are from my family business.  So far nothing bad has happened on any.  I got a CLI on two of my personal cards this month(Bloomie's and Juniper).  Two are from HSBC, so I expect no love regardless of the market and one just had it's six month so I"m hoping to get something soon.  Two of the cards that I am AU on are AmEx and I periodically check them (Gold and Blue).  I'm pretty sure they won't do anything to the Gold b/c it's pay in full anyhow and as for the blue, they keep raising the limit and my bro and I keep charging on it and paying most if not all off each month.  It is his primary use card and a back up card for bigger purchases for me.  The last card is an Advanta business card and they just gave me a 2k cli.  I really haven't changed my spending patterns.  I try to keep several of them at 0 balance every month.  I carry a balance on two of them and just rotate around between which is the high use this month and which is PIF.  That way they all get love and PIFs.  I'm not expecting any AA but if it happens it happens and I'll just sock drawer that card permanently and give more business to the other CCs.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 7 of 33
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

All is well here. Received 1 new charge TL, 1 revolving and 3 CLIs (2 automatic and 1 manual) since June.
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

No AA from any lender.  I'm even carrying a balance for the first time in my life.  About 12% overall utilization, and not a word from anybody.

Message 9 of 33
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

I've been doing okay. 

Thursday, I received a letter from American Express.  I thought they were going to raise my APR for Purchases, but they didn't.  They're only raising my Cash Advance, Late Payment, and Default APRs.  My credit limit also remained unchanged.

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.