Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who hasn't been AA'd at all yet?

tag
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who hasn't been AA'd at all yet?

No AA for me, yet.  I pay all my accounts in full and am not doing anything to make my lenders question my actions.  No CLI requests, no new applications. 
Message 11 of 33
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

No AA here but like some of the other posters I use USAA the most and have carried a balance on both CCs since Sept without a problem. 

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 33
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am chugging along, keeping as quiet as a mouse and NOT asking for CLIs.

Chase, Junny and Amex - no AA 

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

No AA for me or hubby.  We charge a large amount monthly and pay in full every two weeks.  BoA just gave me a credit increase on my Visa during a recent call and changed my plat to a visa sig.  Good Luck all Vicki
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems here.  Like Cheddar I am revolving a balance as well for the first time.  It is on the Macy's card @ 0% interest for 24 months.  I have the money to pay it if need be, but none of my cards have been affected.  I was waiting on American Express but they haven't cut me yet.

I have the attitude of others, if it happens--it happens.  I have closed two accounts though--but they were on the weed list and their time was up. 

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI on JCP $500 to $2400 beginning of November with no hard pull

CLI on Citi from $3100 to $4700with no hard pull

Only concern is AmEx - and they keep offering me cards which I will not take (don't need them).  Both charge and revolver have had no AA  as of now.  Waiting for an FR though because of my new cards. I owe them nothing as of the 20th (paying charge to $0 even though it's not all due).  DH's charge is also untouched and he probably has about $2500 due.  Using all AmEx products lightly.

Highest CL is with NFCU and next 2 are with USAA - feel pretty safe there but PIF statement balance (refuse to pay interest).  In fact the USAA are at $0 due and NFCU has about $950 (I run work expenses on it)

Discover I PIF statement balance even though I am on 0% till April.

I am giving them all the respect they deserve/need right now!!!!!  

I also 'kicked to the curb' for no CLI after a year the following: Chevron ($300), HSN ($300), Target ($500), HSBC ($600) and BBMC ($650); and a $3000 CU card when the FR'd me and picked up $34 K in replacement CL for the one CU card.DH and I have +30 year relationships with NFCU and USAA  which may be why they have no problem extending me larger CLs.  USAA offered me a $50K auto loan (not needed) on Saturday at 6.99%.  We have investement and retirement accounts with both.

I think most banks or CUs are going to be looking at more than scoring from now on - they will take into consideration relationships with them - as it was many, many years ago.  Open a small savings or CD with Discover - yes they make money from use of their card but money on deposit with any creditor helps their 'reserves' - limiting their need to borrow.

Edited (a second time) to add: 

I have also OPTED-OUT for 5 years with the bureaus.  If any of my creditors (including AmEx) start running their 'pre-screen' lists against their customer lists they will see I am not in the market for offers.  I have not opted-out with individual creditors (and won't with USAA or NFCU) yet - but that is next for Citi and GEMB and perhaps AmEx and Discover .  I am hoping by doing that - that I may be able to avert any nervousness on their part.  I have over $50K in available credit (not including AmEX who I won't count into the total) - realistically I don't neeed any more and if I never have a CLI for the rest of my life, I would be very happy with what I have.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 11-17-2008 09:15 AM
Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 11-17-2008 10:31 AM
Message 16 of 33
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Scarlet you got FR'd by a CU? Can you please elaborate?

I haven't had any AA yet, but I just refinanced my mortgage into a fixed rate (6.1%) FHA loan about two weeks ago, and the new mortgage account just hit my reports. 

My payments went down, but I know how Amex is and don't know if they will cut my CL with them. I canceled my Blue card last night, so it's just down to Platinum and Clear. 

Here we go again...
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union (formerly IBM).  top tier 9.9% FIXED Visa with a $3K CL -- approved intstantly for what I asked for, received card & charged about $250 in 3 weeks... then got a call that they want pay stubs (don't have those I'm commission based) so they wanted TAX Returns and 1099s.  Since it was FIXED it is considered a 'permant loan' and they require documentation for those.  went in and paid it to zero and closed the account.  I signed the paperwork in the branch for the VISA - and there was no mention of any 'documentation' needed.  I also closed my cheking and savings at the same time - same day opened my NFCU accounts, had a $14K Visa the next day (instant approval).  Next month opened my USAA Accounts - 2 - 10K cards. 

I'm taking the hit for the INQ and 'new' account until next August --- but if someone I have money on deposit with AND who is making money when I use their card can't just look at my accounts with them and see the cashflow supports the CL easily then they are idiots.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing bad has happened yet here. I've paid off all of my balances, and I'm not really using my cards for anything more than "everyday" purchases, and PIF. I'm happy to finally be in a position where I don't really care what these banks do to me. I don't need credit lines of 30, and 25K. If they want to reduce em' to 500-1000 bucks, it's fine by me. I just find it so laughable that they keep increasing me every 3 months, yet there is a "credit crisis" going on? It's almost as if they are trying to get me to go back in debt.
Message 19 of 33
Uniqua
Established Contributor

No AAs here. Have a WaMu Visa coming up on its six-month anniversary next week and two CU CCs. I don't expect CLIs from the CUs, but I'm definitely hoping for one with WaMu. I use that card faithfully!
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.