Did you mean: 

Who is C F Frost on Amex Card Literature

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Who is C F Frost on Amex Card Literature

Hope you guys enjoy this:

Dear Cecil:

We've seen all those clever "Do you know me?" American Express ads ad nauseam. But who the heck is C.F. Frost, the other guy Amex features on the sample cards in its ads?

Cecil replies:

Charles Frost--or Chuck, as we like to call him--is a real person. He was an account executive for the advertising firm of Ogilvy & Mather, which put together the original "Do you know me?" ads for American Express. Ogilvy and Amex thought it would be convenient to use Frost's name on the sample ads rather than some phony moniker, which would probably turn out to be the real name of some joker in Pocatello who would sue for privacy infringement. Luckily for Chuck, the number on the credit card was not his real American Express card number.

Mr. Frost later left Ogilvy & Mather to establish his own ad agency in Manhattan, but he remained on good terms with the folks at American Express. He was an honored guest at a party Amex threw to kick off the fund-raising effort for the restoration of the Statue of Liberty. He was featured in a "Do you know me?" skit during this event, and while it is probable that many of the attendees did in fact know him, he has remained pretty much a mystery to the world at large. We're happy to do our part to give him wider fame.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Bobert22
Contributor

Re: Who is C F Frost on Amex Card Literature

Haha nice little fact! 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I always wondered that myself......cool info!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very HappyI always thought C.F. Frost was one of those lucky sob's that had every amex card.

Message 4 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

For those of us on here old enough to remember....THAT was one of the best advertising campaigns...EVER!!!!  Smiley Tongue

The "Do You Know Me" commercials ran in the mid-70s and used celebrities from that era, many that one may know by face or voice, but not by name (know who Mel Blanc is/was?).  Those commercials were what led me to get my very first AMEX card...in 1976.  As a foolish younger lad, I let that card lapse for disuse, wish I had known then what I know now!!

Thansk for the trip down memory lane !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.