Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Compass Bank ??

tag
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Re: Who is Compass Bank ??

Thanks everyone for all of your help.After reading everything I think I am going to keep a very close eye on this account and have my son to pay at least 3 or 4 days earlier than normal. Thanks again to EVERYONE!!!!!!

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 32
TLP1234NTX

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO- The only bank worse than Wells Fargo is Compass bank-

I had a bad experiance with them-

Same here!

I fired them today, after joining a local credit union.

No more banks for me. For anything.

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

TIMOTHY--Where have you been?

Missed you!!

Message 13 of 32
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

When I lived in PHX my Ex banked with them, this was some 6 years ago. In any case, they seemed nice and had quite a few locations. Seemed more like a CU than a bank. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 14 of 32
TLP1234NTX

@ngerasimatos wrote:

When I lived in PHX my Ex banked with them, this was some 6 years ago. In any case, they seemed nice and had quite a few locations. Seemed more like a CU than a bank. 

Comparing any bank to a credit union is an insult to credt unions in general. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!!

Credit unions are much better than banks in a number of ways. Just do a little research on it. Or better yet, join one and you will know.

Message 15 of 32
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TIMOTHY--Where have you been?

Missed you!!

HIs post on this thread is from 2008.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 32
score_building
Senior Contributor

@TLP1234NTX wrote:

@ngerasimatos wrote:

Comparing any bank to a credit union is an insult to credt unions in general. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!!

Credit unions are much better than banks in a number of ways. Just do a little research on it. Or better yet, join one and you will know.

PP was actually complimenting the bank by referring to it's CU-like qualities, some banks have 'em, In fact some banks even started as CU like Nationwide Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 32
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I bank with Chase, and a local CU for both personal and business. I agree that CUs for the most part are better, but I think since the change in the economy most CUs have become very conservative and taken on a "big bank" mentality. 

800+ Club
Message 18 of 32
TLP1234NTX

@ngerasimatos wrote:

I bank with Chase, and a local CU for both personal and business. I agree that CUs for the most part are better, but I think since the change in the economy most CUs have become very conservative and taken on a "big bank" mentality. 

Sans euphemisms and conjecture, no. Totally wrong.

Example, the credit union I just joined a week ago approved a new unsecured Visa CC for $1,000 limit. APPROVED! DONE! IN ONE BUSINESS DAY!!!

Compass BBVA would only give me secured VISA (which I promptly canceled today, and I have a clean record, no liens, collections, bankruptcy, no late payments on the closed accounts EVER, AND I HAVE A 746 FICO SCORE!!!, although I don't brag about it in my signature line when I post).

BIG BANK MENTALITY?

Not on your life. You won't convince me ;-)

Message 19 of 32
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

If all you got was $1k and you have a 746 FICO from a CU, then something is wrong. 

800+ Club
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.