cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is US Bank, and why do they think that I have excellent credit?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Who is US Bank, and why do they think that I have excellent credit?

When I applied I got letter stating they do not service NH and I would not be able to get a card from them.
Message 21 of 30
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

One additional perk with US Bank: you can request a CLI of $1,500 every 6 months using only your internal history. If you want more, they will pull a CB.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 05-18-2008 11:20 AM
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Visa Signature card with them and I am very satisified.... I thought you could get CLI's with them every three months though?
Message 23 of 30
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Carsalesmn wrote:
I have a Visa Signature card with them and I am very satisified.... I thought you could get CLI's with them every three months though?

I spoke with a CSR just recently (April) and she said every 6 months, but this was on my cash rewards card. Maybe each product is different? I also have a worldperks signature visa that will reach 3 months mid June. I will call them at that time to see if they allow a cli without a credit pull.

Thanks for the info -

Update: Just called customer service, the rule is 1st cli @ 6mos; then every 3mos. Although while I was talking to her the CLI offer popped up and she added it to my account! She said she has never seen it this soon before (2 months). I love US Bank!

Message Edited by ocheosa on 05-18-2008 03:17 PM
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first CC was a student card thru USBank. I asked for a CLI before going abroad and got it easily. Since then, they have given me 1500 to 2000 auto CLI every 6 months like clockwork, and when I graduated from undergrad they automatically changed me to the Rewards Platinum Visa. I also called this fall to decrease my APR and they did so - I checked my statement last month and they decreased it again without me having to call and ask. All in all I've been extremely satisfied with them.
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling,

I love US Bank.  I've had my checking, savings, and car loans with them - and I use the brick and mortar building - know the tellers, and they know me.  I was very sick a few months back and they even got flowers for me!!!

When I got my most recent car loan (Dec), they said I was also approved for a Visa with $5000 limit.  This was my first hint that my scores were getting better, because I had applied for the card about 2 years ago and was denied (don't know what my scores were then). 

The only downside though, was I had TWO inquiries on my EQ report (OH). 
Is their card better than BoA or Citi?  I don't know.... but I like the idea of rewarding personal service, and I love being able to walk in and talk to a person.   (Why I'm now figuring out that CU's are good too).  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 30
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm adding US Bank to my list of cards to check out for those who are starting out, or who have done most of the cleaning up on their reports and are ready for a decent card.

They don't seem to be playahs like so many of the other mainline national banks, which I like. I don't like drama in my CCC, thanks. Who knew that there were still traditional banks doing traditional credit? Maybe not a lot of bells and whistles, but customer service goes a long way in my book.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 30
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

If it is solely for your DD#2 who's going to Ireland consider getting a VISA that has no foreign transactions//conversion fees

Normally its 2-3% of purchase.

CapOne offers 0% <<yes, it may pull all 3, but IMO the card lab config of different rewards you want and the 0% transaction/coversion fee on ALL foreign purchases is worth it!!
Message 28 of 30
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I bank with them but don't have a CC with them.  They are an OK bank in general, nothing spectacular. I checked them out a while ago for a CC and it didn't seem all that special, and I don't need another card at the moment

U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card APR: 9.99% to 20.99% variable

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 29 of 30
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@SonorityGenius wrote:
If it is solely for your DD#2 who's going to Ireland consider getting a VISA that has no foreign transactions//conversion fees

Normally its 2-3% of purchase.

CapOne offers 0% yes, it may pull all 3, but IMO the card lab config of different rewards you want and the 0% transaction/coversion fee on ALL foreign purchases is worth it!!

We considered Cap One for that very reason, but with her whopping $3200 income last year, I figured she wouldn't get much of a card.

It appears that USAA is pretty gentle with transaction fees, and I've been beating into her brain that using mostly her debit card is the way to go. So she'll have the USAA debit, USAA MC, and she just got her own BofA Plat Plus Visa, so I think she's good. She will also be carrying her AU AmEx Gold card, which I have emphasized is for situations involving rioting in the streets or something, and she has to hide in a hotel; in other words, not to be used. We'll see how that goes.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.