Did you mean: 

Who offers generous limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who offers generous limits?

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For me so far has been AmEx (4 Cards with them, lowest CL 5K, highest 16K) I have two AmEx's that are due for CLI's, one in 27 days and the other in 45 days.

And BoA 5K initial CL, 3 months after having the BoA World MasterCard, ran one purchase thru the card (1749) PIF 3 weeks after the charge, and hit the "Request a Line Increase" 10K instant approval.

Card holders are eligible for ONE CLI across all the amex products carried, not per card, every 6 months.

With a cluster of Amex accts it pays not to get too grabby with CLI requests unless F/R isn't a bother. 

My Blue Cash was opened March 11 2K initial CL, requested a CLI 61 days after activation of the card (asked for 3X my current limit, up to 6K, instant approval) in 27 days or so it will be 6 months since my last CLI request (and if I decide to ask for a CLI it will only be for 4K to bring it to 10K) and my Blue Cash Preferred was opened 10/2/11 5K initial CL and will be eligible for a CLI in about 45 days (If I decide to ask for a CLI, then I will ask for 1X my current CL bringing it to 10K)

I have no intentions of getting greedy with AmEx and I'm not unfamilliar with AmEx's FR's so I will ask for CLI's that are reasonable if I do decide to ask for CLI's when the time comes (I just may wait another year before I do so) I have far more avail credit than I'll ever need, but CLI's are nice to get (especially from CCC's that only do softs for CLI's, like AmEx does)

If I ever do get FR'd, so be it, I have provided them with accurate income information, so I have no worries. I would rather not ever have to deal with an FR but if I do I'll deal with it. (Incovienient, yes but, life ending, no)

I use all my AmEx's responsibily, NEVER carry a bal, PIF, actually one month before the bill is ever due (I've never even seen a "Payment Due" on my online account) on any of my AmEx cards, so to be honest, I have no concerns about being FR'd.

I consider myself an excellent Cardholder for them. I don't spend as much as some/most AmEx Cardholders, but I swipe their cards often, pay them in full a month before a bill is ever due etc....

Message 31 of 38
dharalex
Established Contributor

I would agree with the others that Citi and Amex give great CL. My CS was upper 600's and Citi gave me $7200 CL with my highest CL at the time was $5000. The next month, I got an Amex blue with a 15,200 CL! I love Amex!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 32 of 38
score_building
Senior Contributor

Amex only allows ONE CLI across cards in six month period

you cannot get a cli on both BC and BCP w/i the same 6 month period

it was just a heads up Smiley Wink

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

That I did not know, I learn something new everyday at this Forum, Thanks for that important info.

Message 34 of 38
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Quick question related to the topic -- did anyone get an auto CLI from Amex?

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 35 of 38
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

Quick question related to the topic -- did anyone get an auto CLI from Amex?

... ever?

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 36 of 38
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

This is true!  I learned this the hard way.  I got a CLI on my Blue after 2 months and then tried on my Clear after the initial 2 months but they would not let me because it's one CLI per 6 months!  I wish I knew at the time!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corvidae wrote:

Chase gave me 7K with Slate whereas Citi gave me 3K with Platinum.

When did you apply for those cards, what CRA was pulled and do you know what your scores were at the time?

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.