Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who pulls EQ only?

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who pulls EQ only?

Alliant! They pull EQ exclusively and are generous with their initial CLs.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 21 of 28
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

CS800 & Quietly,

Maybe the type of collection/what it's owed for has something to do with if they need it to be paid in full. Is that possible? Would they look at a CC collection/chargeoff the same as a collection for an overdue library book or something along those lines? Is there a difference in how they'd view the risk?
Message 22 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@jla84 wrote:

PenFed pulled EQ only, and so did Discover (I thought they would pull TU, but the only inq I have from them is on EQ - I'm in NY)

Is PenFed generous with their initial CL? I see that your FICO's are very high.

As a precaution, I've read that PenFed likes rather perfect CRs. They do pull EQ. If there's a collection, I'm going to guess they may check others. They give decent CLs as they are very picky. My mothers FICO was over 815 or so when she applied I think.  Not a single late, decades of history, good mix, 2 inq's, fairly low util, was previously with them before, they didn't need proof of income (they know she's the widow of a retired WWII commissioned officer with a pension etc), offered her around the 12k mark to start.

I'm going to guess if they'd consider someone with a collection (which I would say is somewhat rare, esp if not PIF) that they'd want proof of income as well as to see a bit of history. They're one of the hardest cards to get from what I've read.  PenFed issues initially higher lines of credit to those they decide can handle them, and they are choosy. As much as I hate to say it, if someone can't get a card from PSECU, I don't think they'd have much luck with PenFed.  Just don't want you to get hopes up with PenFed if you decide to apply.

PenFed is one I'd say calling and talking to them before applying would be helpful. They have rather decent CSRs from what I can tell. However, I don't know if you can call any bank this coming monday as it's Columbus day and most of their people will probably be taking 3 day weekends.

Remember though, if you join PenFed and I think NFCU, they'll do an HP just for becoming a member without applying for credit.

Hope this was a bit informative.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 23 of 28
jla84
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@jla84 wrote:

PenFed pulled EQ only, and so did Discover (I thought they would pull TU, but the only inq I have from them is on EQ - I'm in NY)

I haven't been approved by PenFed yet, so I'm not sure. I will definitely update if I get approved though! 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 28
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

DCU credit union only pulls equifax, the lender told me today.

Message 25 of 28
jla84
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@jla84 wrote:

Update: I was approved for PenFed Travel Rewards (upon income verification) for $5000. I believe this is the lowest they hand out for the card, unless someone can correct me on this?

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@cats63 wrote:

DCU credit union only pulls equifax, the lender told me today.

I always thought DCU pulled EX. At least from my experience when I went ot thier branch.

The closed credit card that I'm still paying on is with DCU. So the chances of getting another card for now at least with them is slim i would say Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Although to add to my previous post , last time I was there, the Loan officer did check my EQ to see what rate I could get for a car loan.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.