cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who’s going for the new Apple/Goldman card?

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Who’s going for the new Apple/Goldman card?

Just curious as to whether anybody is as excited about this card as I am lol. I realize that the reward structure is mostly speculation at this point, but anything Apple is A-OK in my book. Plus it gives me incentive to hold off on applying for anything else in the interim lol.

I did have the Barclay Apple, but it just wasn’t “worth it” for me so I closed it.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who’s going for the new Apple/Goldman card?

I've had the Barclays card for years, but haven't used it much at all...bought a few iphones one year, and maybe an ipad at some pointbut i'm not sure about that. Thought I would use it more, but just hasn't panned out.

Have a feeling a GS version would do me about as much good as the Barclays version, and this coming from someone who, save for the Lisa and original iMac and iBook, has owned most every Apple product since 1984.

Message 2 of 18
Civil
Regular Contributor

What are the perks for that card?

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the benefits. The rumored 2% on everything plus extra discounts on Apple really isn’t terribly appealing to me since I can use my Amazon Store Card to buy any Apple product except the iPhone for 5% off (and Amazon often already has discounts on Apple products anyway) and on an iPhone purchase, I can use my BBVA card for 3% back if I buy it through Xfinity Mobile using the utilities category. 

I am also leery of being a guinea pig. GS has never had a credit card before. Could be worse than Barclays with sensitivity. 

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

500 USD + sub or no deal.
Message 5 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Basically the only thing that would stop me from applying for this card would be a hefty AF. Even if there’s no SUB, I. WANT. IT. lol Silly? Yep. Apple-crazed? Yeah, that too. 

Message 6 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Basically the only thing that would stop me from applying for this card would be a hefty AF. Even if there’s no SUB, I. WANT. IT. lol Silly? Yep. Apple-crazed? Yeah, that too. 

I have a hand-crafted piece of paper that says "Apple is KEWL!!!"  created by someone who once saw a photo of Steve Jobs.   $500?

[Small print: This offer neither originates from Apple Inc nor is endorsed by them in any way]

Message 7 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

I thought I saw the redemption of rewards is only on Apple products or iTunes?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 18
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I have a hand-crafted piece of paper that says "Apple is KEWL!!!"  created by someone who once saw a photo of Steve Jobs.   $500?

[Small print: This offer neither originates from Apple Inc nor is endorsed by them in any way]

OMG!!!  How MUCH do you want for that and will you take the Barclay apple card for payment?

Seriously not impressed with what I have heard about the "card" one it is virtual through the wallet and is supposed to come with "tools" to help with your spending, seems more of a "millennial" thing to me...but I will wait to see the reality of it.....

Message 9 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
I thought I saw the redemption of rewards is only on Apple products or iTunes?

That’s the Barclay card AFAIK. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.