cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who’s going for the new Apple/Goldman card?

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Who’s going for the new Apple/Goldman card?

@odd_dog wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Basically the only thing that would stop me from applying for this card would be a hefty AF. Even if there’s no SUB, I. WANT. IT. lol Silly? Yep. Apple-crazed? Yeah, that too. 

I have a hand-crafted piece of paper that says "Apple is KEWL!!!"  created by someone who once saw a photo of Steve Jobs.   $500?

[Small print: This offer neither originates from Apple Inc nor is endorsed by them in any way]

OMG!!!  How MUCH do you want for that and will you take the Barclay apple card for payment?

Seriously not impressed with what I have heard about the "card" one it is virtual through the wallet and is supposed to come with "tools" to help with your spending, seems more of a "millennial" thing to me...but I will wait to see the reality of it.....

Hmmm. Is it ONLY virtual? That would be news to me. That would put a stopper on applying too. I’m not into all the new technology lol despite the fact that I’m....a *cough cough* millenial.  

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Basically the only thing that would stop me from applying for this card would be a hefty AF. Even if there’s no SUB, I. WANT. IT. lol Silly? Yep. Apple-crazed? Yeah, that too. 

I have a hand-crafted piece of paper that says "Apple is KEWL!!!"  created by someone who once saw a photo of Steve Jobs.   $500?

[Small print: This offer neither originates from Apple Inc nor is endorsed by them in any way]

I’ll give you $17 and a Safeway coupon. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

OMG!!!  How MUCH do you want for that and will you take the Barclay apple card for payment?

Seriously not impressed with what I have heard about the "card" one it is virtual through the wallet and is supposed to come with "tools" to help with your spending, seems more of a "millennial" thing to me...but I will wait to see the reality of it.....

Hmmm. Is it ONLY virtual? That would be news to me. That would put a stopper on applying too. I’m not into all the new technology lol despite the fact that I’m....a *cough cough* millenial.  

I refuse to call myself a Millenial even though I was born in 84. I’m a Xennial according to a test I took. I’ll take that. 

I am all about the tech but not keen on mobile wallets. Go figure. 

Message 13 of 18
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Vitual is what I read and it would make sense. I mean Apple would want you to use Apple Pay BUT who knows until it comes out, no physical card would mean limited use as a lot of places I go to do not use it yet. But what do I know I would buy a piece of paper that said Apple is Kewl! Lol
Message 14 of 18
JaseT
Established Contributor

When I opened up my Barclays Uber card, I transferred $8k (of the $9k) CL from my Apple Rewards to the Uber card. I've left the other $1k on my Apple Rewards card in hopes that the Barclays Apple portfolio will transfer over to Goldman Sachs. If it doesn't, I will transfer the remaing $1k to Uber and close the Apple Rewards.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 15 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I refuse to call myself a Millenial even though I was born in 84. I’m a Xennial according to a test I took. I’ll take that. 

Xennial. I like it lol. I hate being “millenial.” So many negative connotations there. And yes I totally agree with you about the mobile wallet thing. I prefer physical cards, thank you very much 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Xennial. I like it lol. I hate being “millenial.” So many negative connotations there. And yes I totally agree with you about the mobile wallet thing. I prefer physical cards, thank you very much 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/jun/27/are-you-a-xennial-take-the-quiz

And yeah, I like pulling the cards out and using them. 

Plus my personal care does my shopping and there’s no way I’m letting her walk out with my $1100 phone! 😂 

Message 17 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/jun/27/are-you-a-xennial-take-the-quiz

And yeah, I like pulling the cards out and using them. 

Plus my personal care does my shopping and there’s no way I’m letting her walk out with my $1100 phone! 😂 

😂😂😂

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.