Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to Apply to for Decent Sized Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who to Apply to for Decent Sized Limit?

I need another card as I need to get rid of my last Subprime and it has a montly fee.
My scores FICO 8
EX 728, EQ9 772 as I dont have access EQ8 to it but should be highest as I was able to get 9 year old CH7 off of it.
I have NFCU 6K few months before can CLI.
Disco 9500, BBVA 6400, CapOne QS1 1500, Merrick 1200(needs to get replaced), Kohls 1000

Im Blacklisted from Amex, cant apply to Citi or Barclays.

TU 706 but hasn't updated since last CA dropped off.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who to Apply to for Decent Sized Limit?

Why not just drop Merrick and focus on gardening what you have for now?  Give them some time to blossom and grow before going big game hunting.

Message 2 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

See if you prequal for Venture.

If so, you should get a good SL with Venture, Savor, or QS.

2nd Navy Federal?

PenFed?

2nd Discover?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, when you say you "need" another card, do you really mean that you "want" another card?  What is your reason for wanting a larger limit card?  I do think the advice above of just rolling with what you have now is sound, as you've got plenty of cards.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I need another card as I need to get rid of my last Subprime and it has a montly fee.
My scores FICO 8
EX 728, EQ9 772 as I dont have access EQ8 to it but should be highest as I was able to get 9 year old CH7 off of it.
I have NFCU 6K few months before can CLI.
Disco 9500, BBVA 6400, CapOne QS1 1500, Merrick 1200(needs to get replaced), Kohls 1000

Im Blacklisted from Amex, cant apply to Citi or Barclays.

TU 706 but hasn't updated since last CA dropped off.

How about a Chase Sapphire Reserve; you'd be certain to get a "decent sized limit."

With a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, a collection and a charge off on your credit report what you're looking for would be a challenge.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My suggestion is to be a little more patient.  When I was rebuilding I made the mistake of applying for cards that I was marginally qualified for, as a result I ended up getting low SL or rejected.  The end result was several inquires wasted.  Someone here told me to be more selective and patient, allow my accounts such as my Navy card to age a bit and when I did that suddenly good things happened.  If I were you I would not do anything until after I get a CLI on that Navy card.  Fact is with your situation chances of a "Decent" SL are kinda hit and miss with anyone else but Navy will reward you like no other lender so why take a chance of them becoming concerned about inquires that aren't likely to do much for you?  I would get that CLI and then apply for a second Navy card, I also think the CLOC is a great tool that is very flexible.   I would let all the baddies age before doing much with lenders other than Discover and Navy

Message 6 of 7
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

I agree with the majority voices to wait. And as @workingfor850 said, NFCU is going to show you the most love. You got some good ideas for cards to look at when you're ready, but for now, work on that spade (I'm in the same boat).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.