Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to call to combine limits on chase cards

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Who to call to combine limits on chase cards

You'd call the number on the back of your card and explain to Chase what you want to do. Be advised that the limit you are trying to move to your card needs to have a 0 balance on the account otherwise Chase won't be able to do it until that is done. I combined the limits on my Freedom 3k and Chase Amazon 1.5k accounts like 3 months ago and closed out my Chase Amazon card. So the total on my Freedom is now 4.5k.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 15
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@riker20 wrote:

I just recently combined the limits on two of my Chase cards.  I had a Freedom at 30k and a Sapphire at 8k.  Combined them together and now I have a Sapphire at 38k.  Took all of 5 minutes on the phone.  Freedom was carrying a $0 balance for over 30 days, so they let me move it all to the Sapphire.

riker20 : did u close your freedom after reallocation?

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 12 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

@riker20 wrote:

I just recently combined the limits on two of my Chase cards.  I had a Freedom at 30k and a Sapphire at 8k.  Combined them together and now I have a Sapphire at 38k.  Took all of 5 minutes on the phone.  Freedom was carrying a $0 balance for over 30 days, so they let me move it all to the Sapphire.

Chase gives you the option to keep it open or to close it. They do ask you how much of your credit line you want to move over. I did this only having my accounts open for a few weeks.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 15
riker20
New Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

@riker20 wrote:

Closed it.  Moved the entire line over to the Sapphire.

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 14 of 15
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

thanks riker and maidengirl. I will call once the csp is physically here, since my af will post to my statement tomorrow for southwest, giving me 30 days to close the account and get it credited. I know XO could fix it, but hate to abuse them if a regular csr can do it.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.