cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to contact at Barclay's for the interest rate reduction/no HP CLI?

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Who to contact at Barclay's for the interest rate reduction/no HP CLI?

I just called in twice to different CSR's using the genereal phone number on the back of my Aviator card.   They both offered a 4 point reduction in interest rate but both had no idea about a CLI without an HP.   They told me that's not possible.

I did do this once previously about a year ago.   Can anyone point me to who to ask for to get this done?   Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dlm0820
Contributor

Re: Who to contact at Barclay's for the interest rate reduction/no HP CLI?

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

I just called in twice to different CSR's using the genereal phone number on the back of my Aviator card.   They both offered a 4 point reduction in interest rate but both had no idea about a CLI without an HP.   They told me that's not possible.

I did do this once previously about a year ago.   Can anyone point me to who to ask for to get this done?   Thanks.

Why are you looking for a reduction in interest rate?

Message 2 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Because that is how you get them offer you a no HP CLI.

Were you going to lecture me that interest rates don't matter since you don't carry a balance?    Wrong.   You always demand the lowest interest rate, the highest credit limits, and the most favorable terms you can get.

I just know why you are asking the question and it pisses me off when people want to get uppity, especially when their post count is low.

Message 3 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

First, keep in mind that many Barclaycard front-line CSRs are not well-informed. Others may be instructed to keep low-priority customer calls from going to the retentions department.

That said, if you're willing to risk closure and can get through to them, the retentions team can give SP CLIs.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Let's try to keep the thread on-topic... Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.