Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who use ONLY Experian Report

tag
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

Re: Who use ONLY Experian Report

Oh I am... I'm in the gardening stage Smiley Happy  .. I was just bored at work and curious... LOL I'm like six month away before I submit an application.. I just get the itch something to start applying again.Smiley Wink

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 21 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

Oh I am... I'm in the gardening stage Smiley Happy  .. I was just bored at work and curious... LOL I'm like six month away before I submit an application.. I just get the itch something to start applying again.Smiley Wink

ME2... it's a constant internal fight...

try your hand at the shopping cart trick... that can be fun... just make sure you don't get so excited you take it for a store you have no use for (I got a Buckle Card!) because I had never gotten it to work before... 2 minutes later I got Express (I LOVE EXPRESS) so at least I only ended up with 1 card I don't like... I got pop up for Victoria Secret too (I'm Male! and still had to talk myself out of getting it, that's how much I like to collect credit cards Smiley Tongue)

Message 22 of 38
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

Just reviewed my EX report again and there a collection with a balance due of $600.00. I'm going to pay that off before I pull the trigger and that will be next Friday.

Before you pay it off, try to see if you can get an PFD (Pay for Delete) so you can better clear your report. 

This items has been PIF and removed off my EX credit report. So now I have 3 charge off PAID zero balance as of 2012. Then I have two close secure credit cards from 2011 closed. Now I have three cards which are Capital One 200 - Credit One 400 - Express Clothes - 250. They already reported twice.

Then I have an active mtg never late 4yrs - truck pmt 2yrs never late. That all I have on my credit. A thin line. So I'm still debating on what to do.

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 23 of 38
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

try your hand at the shopping cart trick... that can be fun...

***What is the "shopping cart trick" ???

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 24 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Pigeyex wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

go to a store like express.com or victoria secret (they are the 2 biggest known I think) and you create a profile, make sure you add your address EXACTLY how it is on your EX credit report and add a couple items to your shopping cart and start to check out... you should get a pop up asking if you would like a credit card before you get to the screen where you need to put a credit card in to check out.

you can do a search for "shopping cart trick" and see TONS of stuff about it.

I got Buckle that way too

Jcrew is a big one.

Message 25 of 38
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Pigeyex wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

go to a store like express.com or victoria secret (they are the 2 biggest known I think) and you create a profile, make sure you add your address EXACTLY how it is on your EX credit report and add a couple items to your shopping cart and start to check out... you should get a pop up asking if you would like a credit card before you get to the screen where you need to put a credit card in to check out.

Jcrew is a big one.

Is it a Hard Pull???

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 26 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Pigeyex wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Pigeyex wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

Jcrew is a big one.

Is it a Hard Pull???

not if you get a pop up asking if you would be interested in the card from these stores.

the pop up from total rewards and a couple of the major credit cards are hp if you accept but you can get the pre-approved offer to know you will get approved from them.

they are much harder to get, I have not been successfull yet.

Message 27 of 38
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

OK, thanks.  I think I will hold off on this, as A), I am applying for a mortgage re-fi, and B), I don't need more small CLs.  What's holding my scores down now is that all I have is a $2500 CapitalOne, an $800 Target, $500 CareCredit, and $500 (AU) Citi card.  I need a $10,000 major cc CL, to improve my scores.

Message 28 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Pigeyex wrote:

OK, thanks.  I think I will hold off on this, as A), I am applying for a mortgage re-fi, and B), I don't need more small CLs.  What's holding my scores down now is that all I have is a $2500 CapitalOne, an $800 Target, $500 CareCredit, and $500 (AU) Citi card.  I need a $10,000 major cc CL, to improve my scores.

a higher CL will not improve your scores anymore then what you currently have if you are managing the util. on what you have.

The only thing a higher CL does is bring your overall util. down between all your cards which "could" increase your score.

I also believe that once you have higher CL's on at least 1 card, it's easier to start getting higher CL's on a another card.

but I would refi first before going after more credit as you said.

My partner went from $800 CareCredit to $12,000 after 4-6 months - did cost a hp on TU though. (asked for $5k originally but then find out the computer will instantly counter any amount it can't approved so went back and requested a 2nd time to $20k and got the counter... might be worth it after refi)

plus once you are in with GE, you can probably get others (PayPal MC seems to give out some good limits, Walmart Discover is popular for the free TU score.

Message 29 of 38
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Pigeyex wrote:

a higher CL will not improve your scores anymore then what you currently have if you are managing the util. on what you have.

The only thing a higher CL does is bring your overall util. down between all your cards which "could" increase your score.

I also believe that once you have higher CL's on at least 1 card, it's easier to start getting higher CL's on a another card.

but I would refi first before going after more credit as you said.

My partner went from $800 CareCredit to $12,000 after 4-6 months - did cost a hp on TU though. (asked for $5k originally but then find out the computer will instantly counter any amount it can't approved so went back and requested a 2nd time to $20k and got the counter... might be worth it after refi)

plus once you are in with GE, you can probably get others (PayPal MC seems to give out some good limits, Walmart Discover is popular for the free TU score.

Thanks, that's great intel.  I just assumed a higher CL would improve my scores because that is listed as one of the "Things that Negatively Affect Your Score" bullet points at the end of all three of my credit reports?  So I was thinking "credit utilization" and "highest credit limit card" were kind of two separate (yet related) things?

I do also need at least one higher one (after my mortgage re-fi) for emergencies.  I haven't been able to save much, and I"ve got not one but TWO air conditioners that are now over 13 years old (and with heavy usage, too, here in FL!).  I'm feeling vulnerable, CL-wise.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.