Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why AMEX why? Missed it by one day.

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Why AMEX why? Missed it by one day.

Make sure it changes on your online account and not just a new card.

Congrats!
Message 21 of 23
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I thought I was going to be in for a fight after reading the posts on here, but I'm glad I was wrong, haha.

I sent a message through my online account last night, and a few hours later received a response saying, "Taken care of, a new card will be sent out."

I don't think it could have been any easier.  I didn't even have to mention anything from here, I simply said I was approved in 2012 and would like my member since date changed, and they were more than happy to do it.

<3 AMEX

How disappointingly anticlimactic!  I was excited for a good battle.  Jeez.  My guess is you and others with similar timing were just victims of automation.  Their Reps are very helpful and come across as more than willing to right a wrong.  In the end what's the difference to AMEX?  Sure they lose a new account opened in 2013 from their records but they have all year to make up for that and oh yea, a happy cardholder Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
Make sure it changes on your online account and not just a new card.

Congrats!

Yeah, I'll be watching that, haha.

@jake619 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I thought I was going to be in for a fight after reading the posts on here, but I'm glad I was wrong, haha.

I sent a message through my online account last night, and a few hours later received a response saying, "Taken care of, a new card will be sent out."

I don't think it could have been any easier.  I didn't even have to mention anything from here, I simply said I was approved in 2012 and would like my member since date changed, and they were more than happy to do it.

<3 AMEX

How disappointingly anticlimactic!  I was excited for a good battle.  Jeez.  My guess is you and others with similar timing were just victims of automation.  Their Reps are very helpful and come across as more than willing to right a wrong.  In the end what's the difference to AMEX?  Sure they lose a new account opened in 2013 from their records but they have all year to make up for that and oh yea, a happy cardholder Smiley Happy

Yeah.  I've only been a cardmember for 8 days now Smiley Tongue and I'm already impressed at how helpful they've been.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.