Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Chase?--CLI Unused Card

tag
withaspark
Contributor

Why Chase?--CLI Unused Card

Chase auto-CLI'd my Southwest card last month (after the 6th statement). I've only spent $10 on it in the last 3 or 4 months. Meanwhile, I've put around an average $1.2k/mo on my CSP over the last 8 months and the limit is still my lowest card limit (the same 5k from when I apped. I had no relationship with Chase before the CSP and now have 2 cards and a 7-month old checking account with a sizeable bi-weekly direct deposit). Now my Southwest card limit is nearly 3 times my CSP limit...and I never use it on anything other than SW tickets...in fact, I'm only going to keep one of them past the AF and since I've been able to make enough UR mall purchases to justify paying the AF, it was going to be the CSP since I prefer flexibility...

I guess my first question is why auto-CLI a card that's barely used. I should note, I pay off all charges multiple times a month before I even hit 10% util, so I wouldn't expect it to be because they think it may be risky. The other part is, do you know if Chase will move CLs in a case where you're not opening a new card without a hard pull? Trying to allow my 7 less than 1 year old seedlings age...

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why Chase?--CLI Unused Card

Call them up. Chase is usually very good about moving limits. And personally I can't see why they would do a HP for that.
My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@simi_go wrote:
Call them up. Chase is usually very good about moving limits. And personally I can't see why they would do a HP for that.

I agree, you should be able to move some of that CL to your CSP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
withaspark
Contributor

Just thought I'd follow up. Called the number on my CSP and of course had a surprisingly friendly lady pick up before the second ring. I asked if she could help me move 7k from one card to my CSP and she said of course. Confirmed the answer to a security question and she asked for the last 4 digits of the card I was moving the limit from and the amount. They assured no hard pull (I believe her since she didn't ask income, say anything about spending or why, etc.). From pulling out my card to seeing my limits online matching my wants in less than 5 minutes. I could get used to this Chase Sapphire (or perhaps Chase in general) kind of service...as long as they keep this up...I'll keep putting the spend on my CSP.

Thanks for the encouragement to just go for it and ask...it wasn't even mildly inconvenient.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.