Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I don’t get pre approval offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why I don’t get pre approval offers

I tried on the amex website the pre approval offers but always the system says that don’t have any offers for me my fico 8 on ex 766, Eq 752, Tras 754 average age is 4 years 2 months and my fico 8 bank cards is ex 774
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why I don’t get pre approval offers

Do you have an Amex card?
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

No
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a discover card and went I tried the pre approval offers says the same don’t have any offers for me why amex and discover says the same thing another thing my utilization is 8% and I pay my balance on full each months
Message 4 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Do you have any AU accounts? 

Other than Discover, which other cards do you have? 

Any recent accounts? 

Is this just your experience with Amex, or are you not getting any pre-approved/prequalified offers? 

Message 5 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Welcome to the forums.  With a 766 Experian FICO 08 score (the one Amex will use), I would not worry at all about Amex prequalified offers, unless you have previously had a bad experience with them (charge-off, included in bankruptcy, etc).  Take a look through their portfolio of cards, decide what best fits your spending and rewards preference (cash back, hotel points, airline miles, flexible Membership Rewards) and just apply for the card that makes the most sense for you, and be sure to get the highest available Welcome Offer available for that card, as you can (in almost all cases) never receive a Welcome Offer for a card you have or have previously had.

Message 6 of 26
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Welcome to the forums.  With a 766 Experian FICO 08 score (the one Amex will use), I would not worry at all about Amex prequalified offers, unless you have previously had a bad experience with them (charge-off, included in bankruptcy, etc).  Take a look through their portfolio of cards, decide what best fits your spending and rewards preference (cash back, hotel points, airline miles, flexible Membership Rewards) and just apply for the card that makes the most sense for you, and be sure to get the highest available Welcome Offer available for that card, as you can (in almost all cases) never receive a Welcome Offer for a card you have or have previously had.

If one puts there browser in private/incagnito mode, usaully there is an additonal $50 Sign up bonus. I got quoted a $200 instead of $150 for a BCE. if you were a AU, but never were a primary acount holder yourself, you can still get a sign up bonus( I am pretty sure, i cn let you know for sure in about a month or two, my BCE is less than a month old, and I won't hit my $1000 spend requirment for another couple of weeks.) I also was not pre approved, but I got approved, with a SL of $10,500.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

No au accounts and only have 3 cards two citi cards and one discover last account was open 8 months ago
Message 8 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Elevated Welcome Offers will depend on the specific card type and referral offers and targeted offers can often be much higher than incognito offers. Being an AU on any card does not preclude anyone from eligibility for a Welcome Offer.

OP, given the data you have provided it would be unlikely for you to be declined any American Express personal credit cards, other than the ones that require relationships with particular brokers.
Message 9 of 26
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Just making sure, you've never burned Amex in the past? Even, say, 15 years ago? The reputation is that Amex holds grudges for a LONG time.

If not, I suspect it's a glitch with their site, as there is no reason you shouldn't be preapproved, or approved.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.