Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I don’t get pre approval offers

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Why I don’t get pre approval offers

OP, I don't know why you're not getting any preapprovals, but when I got my first AmX, I didn't check the prequal site. I just applied and was approved for $15K. From the stats you have posted, you should have no problem getting approved. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried on the amex website the pre approval offers but always the system says that don’t have any offers for me my fico 8 on ex 766, Eq 752, Tras 754 average age is 4 years 2 months and my fico 8 bank cards is ex 774

1) have you opted out of offers?

2) are you credit reports frozen or Locked?

3) any fraud alerts?

i think that the great myFICO posters have covered everything else.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my credit is locked and have a freeze on TransUnion but that matter to get pre approval offers?
Message 13 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes my credit is locked and have a freeze on TransUnion but that matter to get pre approval offers?

It does if you do not already have a relationship with the lender (and even then it can be problematic).

Message 14 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried on the amex website the pre approval offers but always the system says that don’t have any offers for me my fico 8 on ex 766, Eq 752, Tras 754 average age is 4 years 2 months and my fico 8 bank cards is ex 774

Several members have reported that opting out of pre-screened offers affected those prequal pages as well

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As others have said, I would try submitting a cold application. Given your scores, you should have a good chance of approval. I wasn't pre-approved for my Amex BCE and was approved with an EX score of 772.

Message 16 of 26
jbestman007
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unlock your accounts and you should be fine. My account was locked when I first checked AmEx for preapproval. I got the nothing. Remembered I had my Experian locked. Unlocked and tried again. Voila, I got preapproved. 

Message 17 of 26
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unlock your file and you should be good to go.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all I will tried that and let you now
Message 19 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

Just making sure, you've never burned Amex in the past? Even, say, 15 years ago? The reputation is that Amex holds grudges for a LONG time.

If not, I suspect it's a glitch with their site, as there is no reason you shouldn't be preapproved, or approved.

Preapprovals are not guaranteed  nor are prequals. Ive had a relationship with Amex at one point or another these past 20 years and ive never had a preapprovsl on their site , regardless of credit score. One factor is if if youve placed fraud alerts on your CRs that will take you off the list to receive credit offers. Other than that,  one doesnt need to have a preapproval offer to actually be approved. There are people who actually still get denied even with a preapproval. YMMV alwaysSmiley Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.