cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is US Bank so hard to get a credit card with?

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Why Is US Bank so hard to get a credit card with?

I've been trying for 3 years to get in with US Bank and still can not get approved for a account..I spoke to a underwriter and she told me my score is 755..But to many inquires and new accounts..I asked her why is it so hard to get a account with US Bank and her repliy was: No Comment...Can anybody give me advice on how to get approved..I've been wanting the Club Carlson Visa as I stay in there hotels...I have 22 years of credit,make over a 6 figure income and have less than 1% Util..

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Why Is US Bank so hard to get a credit card with?

How many inquiries and new accounts do you have?

If you can stop applying for some time (6-12 months), it sounds like it won't be an issue then.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
blk8
Regular Contributor

Aren't you the same person who said you had 55 inq on your credit report? I think that answers you question.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 3 of 14
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I Have a ton of inquies and new accounts,,No problem with Chase, BOA or Citibank, Just can't to seem to get a US Bank account

Message 4 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank also pulls info from IDA and ARS for this card.  Club Carlson has one of the most generous bonus offers out there and they're much more conservative than Chase or Citi with reconsiderations.  I have credit scores higher than you, but slightly lower income - knowing how US Bank is about new accts I haven't even attempted to go for it.

Message 5 of 14
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved yesterday after initially getting declined, I had to recon, the score on my Equifax around 740, Equifax is what they pulled for me, I make a 105k a year, also right around 1 or 2 percent utilization oldest acct is 17 years. But, I only have 1 inq. And newest acct is 3 months old. Keep trying but you gotta get those inq down lol

Message 6 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Underwriter gave you the answer your looking for, not much can be added to that.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 14
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

US Bank loves pulling IDA (ID Analytics) in addition to regular reports. Freeze it and reapply after a few months and you will get the card. PM me for the info you need to request the security freeze or simply Google it. Trust me it works. 

Message 8 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just a reminder, that the promoting of or advising that a credit report be frozen so that a lender is forced to pull a more favorable bureau is frowned upon at myFICO.

Please refer to our User Guidelines or feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Lexie, myFICO Moderator
Message 9 of 14
rushx2112
New Contributor

How INQ sensitive are they? 2 new accounts and 2 INQ last 6 months too much or good to go?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.