Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Wally GOOD?

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Why Wally GOOD?

Hi, guys, I just wonder why many folks get the Wally cards? Any special for this hard compare to Discover it? 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why Wally GOOD?

Walmart is a store card backed by GE.  It offers a free TU and sp CLI's. 

Discover IT is a retail bank charge card.  Recently started offering TU scores; has rotating 5% categories

Message 2 of 22
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 22
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Ge actually has 2 Walmart Cards.

One is the Store Card by GE Capital and the other is the Walmart Discover. Also a Ge Capital Card.

The Walmart Discover card should not be confused with a Discover card however.They are not the same.

It uses Discover Network, but the card itself is run through GE Capital and the rewards program is different.

Both are easier to qualify for than a Discover backed card such as the IT.

Walmart automatically considers you for the Discover version, and if you do not qualify, moves to see if you qualify for the store card.

Message 4 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

Discover IT is a retail bank charge card.  Recently started offering TU scores; has rotating 5% categories

+1

The downside of the Walmart Discover is the rewards structure (pitiful at best) but the card is great overall (decent financing offers)... that is, if you like bright orange as a color scheme.

Message 5 of 22
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

The downside of the Walmart Discover is the rewards structure (pitiful at best) but the card is great overall (decent financing offers)... that is, if you like bright orange as a color scheme.

+2...lol fin...the bright orange makes it easier to identify from the many stacks i would think  Smiley Very Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

+2...lol fin...the bright orange makes it easier to identify from the many stacks i would think  Smiley Very Happy

The bright orange is an eye sore and you know how I hate bright colors. 

Message 7 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

Yes indeed!  I love the color actually - definitely sticks out!  But I've seen posts where folks have pointed out their displeasure of the scheme.

Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

Oh we know... LOL... Plus, I know you're not fond of the Fidelity AMEX - makes your eyes bleed...Let me post it, for memories sake... cover your eyes!! LMAO Robot LOL

Message 9 of 22
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

Oh we know... LOL... Plus, I know you're not fond of the Fidelity AMEX - makes your eyes bleed...Let me post it, for memories sake... cover your eyes!! LMAO Robot LOL

that green is...puke green? Smiley Very Happy lmao

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.