Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why Wally GOOD?

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Walmart is a store card backed by GE.  It offers a free TU and sp CLI's. 

Discover IT is a retail bank charge card.  Recently started offering TU scores; has rotating 5% categories

+1

The downside of the Walmart Discover is the rewards structure (pitiful at best) but the card is great overall (decent financing offers)... that is, if you like bright orange as a color scheme.

+2...lol fin...the bright orange makes it easier to identify from the many stacks i would think  Smiley Very Happy

The bright orange is an eye sore and you know how I hate bright colors. 

Oh we know... LOL... Plus, I know you're not fond of the Fidelity AMEX - makes your eyes bleed...Let me post it, for memories sake... cover your eyes!! LMAO Robot LOL

that green is...puke green? Smiley Very Happy lmao

Why... yes it is!!!   Sort of the colors from old cars or appliances from the 60's... LMAO!

Message 11 of 22
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Discover IT is a retail bank charge card.  Recently started offering TU scores; has rotating 5% categories

+1

The downside of the Walmart Discover is the rewards structure (pitiful at best) but the card is great overall (decent financing offers)... that is, if you like bright orange as a color scheme.

+2...lol fin...the bright orange makes it easier to identify from the many stacks i would think  Smiley Very Happy

Oh we know... LOL... Plus, I know you're not fond of the Fidelity AMEX - makes your eyes bleed...Let me post it, for memories sake... cover your eyes!! LMAO Robot LOL

Why... yes it is!!!   Sort of the colors from old cars or appliances from the 60's... LMAO!

fin...that's the brady bunch hot wagon color! Smiley Very Happy and yes, it's definitely 60-70s! lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 12 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

+1

Sadly, I can remember those appliances Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 22
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

Hi, guys, I just wonder why many folks get the Wally cards? Any special for this hard compare to Discover it? 

I only app'ed for the Walmart card to get the free TU FICO score. Now that Discover it gives a TU too, it doesn't seem so good now, even though I've read here that the versions of TU are different for both cards.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

+1^

My TU Fico is the same between Walmart, Barclays and Discover. To OP, if I already had Discover IT, I wouldnt get a walmart card personally. I only got Walmart for the free Fico and to say the orange is horrendous is a gross understatement. Ugliest card I have.
Message 15 of 22
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Not pretty but the Wally card will grow through regular use.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 22
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Well I got it the card because it was one of the easiest to get for rebuilding. Plus they offer special interest free financing on select purchases. Works great this time of year when I picked up an X1 and iPad air.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 17 of 22
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

The other benefit of the WallyWorld card is the ability to get quick cash on purchases, buy a pack of gum pay with your walmart card get the option of $20-$60 in cash back no special fees, no imediate interest on the charge, PIF with in 25 days, and it free cash in your pocket good if you don't cary a debit card any more and live/work near a walmart. The Cash over Limit on the store card is 10% of CL or $200 which ever is more.

the discover version gets up to $100 in cash back, and the cash over limit is 10% of your CL with no limit.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 22
PNut08
New Contributor

I have the walmart discover and while the rewards are pitiful, they always run 0% financing deals for 6, 12, or 18 months depending on how much you spend. Also, I get a discount on gas with the card.

Message 19 of 22
brother7
Established Contributor

I got the Walmart Discover card primarily for the TU score. I don't use the card at all.

My brother (Authorized User) is the main user of the card. His main benefit is the 5 cent discount/gallon of gas. Previously, he was using a Walmart prepaid gift card to get the discount. I told him to use my card instead. The payback for me... his cashback earned comes to me Smiley Happy

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.