Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all the hard pulls?!?

tag
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: Why all the hard pulls?!?

Fark's sake, kid.  

Listen to the guy who is exactly where you want to be.

Message 31 of 40
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Pshh i look up to you youngandcreditwrthy, and it seems like we are in the same shoes I helped my sister establish her first cc acct with my dad in doing a joint acct. she had barely turned 18 when this happened(last year). If it werent for this forum and my initiative to begin her credit she would still have no credit history toady. Its perfectly fine to have fun and joke around and ive seen your comments when giving advice and they are helpful. NEVER CHANGE amigo!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 32 of 40
djrez4
Established Contributor

And do NOT take advice from someone who is where you were when you started.

Message 33 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@djrez4 wrote:

And do NOT take advice from someone who is where you were when you started.

+1

Message 34 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 35 of 40
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

okay never mind i never said anything i guess.Smiley Indifferent

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 36 of 40
djrez4
Established Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

okay never mind i never said anything i guess.Smiley Indifferent

Sorry, kid.  The wisdom to give advice comes from experience.  You'll get there someday.  

Message 37 of 40
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

its okay I understand

Message 38 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Like I said...gotta be a little longer in the tooth. I can't remember the number but I'm pretty sure your AAOA needs to be between 6-12 yrs and you need acct history a lot longer than - that probably 20yrs.

I'm sure someone can give the specifics but based on your moniker, I'm not sure you are old enough now to have reached the oldest account threshold.

Having CL in excess of $100k will not help unless you need it for util. 😮

+1. Getting higher limits won't help your scores after awhile, and besides fewer inqs what you really need is time.

As it stands you're 5+ years from 800 at an absolute minimum, and that's assuming you stop applying, let your accounts age (and therefore your AAoA will grow).

A change in attitude and perspective will likely be needed as well before you have any hope of attaining 800. Sorry to be harsh, but people with such an immature attitude towards credit don't make it to 800.

There's always a temptation to apply and fiddle with your portfolio, leading to new accounts added regularly. The difference between a 760 FICO and 800 is stability. Churners and others who app regularly may achieve 760, but not 800.

Totally agree!!!

I've made a commitment for 2 years in the Garden so all of my INQ's age off and I can get real close to the 760 mark!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 40
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

This is why I'm stopping apping my aaoa is 57 months and actually going foward I will be letting cards go first on the list capital one after orchard is converted maybe pc to cash rewards with 5k limit. Then ill drop banana in a year or two. My inq are really bad right now still waiting for that csp report I assume any day now. 1st statement just cut.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.