Did you mean: 

Why approval feels so good?

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Why approval feels so good?

A lot of info but I only recall:
$30k SL for the Apple card  at the lowest rate.

Congrats on the approval / and your decision to not accept.......

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thank you @averagejoescredit @james_a @fredzos @gapeachy @angelwingz @newfossil @donkort @edman63 @mikesonthemend @nomoree46

Thanks so much for the kind words, condolences, and support. My post started as one thing and kind of evolved into something else. I almost didn't post it. Really appreciate your responses.

@nomoree46 😂 You cracked me up. Guess I should explain. I have a commercial re-fi coming up in a few months and I don't need more inquiries on my report or to lower my AAoA anymore than I have. I took a calculated risk in opening 2 new cards this month because my scores are pretty strong and I'm in good shape to position myself well in the coming months to get a good rate for the re-fi. When it comes to having more cards for fun versus preparing for a business loan, business wins hands down. It's not even close. Plus, the next couple of cards I want are Hyatt and Freedom Unlimited, both from Chase, so I have to be calculating about my strategy from here. Besides, I have a feeling that Apple offer will be there waiting for me when I'm ready, fingers crossed. 🤞  But you know, maybe I can get some feedback on what going for the Apple Card now in addition to the other two new accounts would hypothetically do to my scores. Just have a feeling it's safer to wait but maybe I'll start a new thread with data points.

Message 12 of 15
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, thank you @averagejoescredit @james_a @fredzos @gapeachy @angelwingz @newfossil @donkort @edman63 @mikesonthemend @nomoree46

Thanks so much for the kind words, condolences, and support. My post started as one thing and kind of evolved into something else. I almost didn't post it. Really appreciate your responses.

@nomoree46 😂 You cracked me up. Guess I should explain. I have a commercial re-fi coming up in a few months and I don't need more inquiries on my report or to lower my AAoA anymore than I have. I took a calculated risk in opening 2 new cards this month because my scores are pretty strong and I'm in good shape to position myself well in the coming months to get a good rate for the re-fi. When it comes to having more cards for fun versus preparing for a business loan, business wins hands down. It's not even close. Plus, the next couple of cards I want are Hyatt and Freedom Unlimited, both from Chase, so I have to be calculating about my strategy from here. Besides, I have a feeling that Apple offer will be there waiting for me when I'm ready, fingers crossed. 🤞  But you know, maybe I can get some feedback on what going for the Apple Card now in addition to the other two new accounts would hypothetically do to my scores. Just have a feeling it's safer to wait but maybe I'll start a new thread with data points.

Glad you got my snarkiness! 
Based on your current cards' limits- as well as your sick Apple Card offer,  you are doing

very, very well in managing your credit life.  

I am sure you could get some simulations on how your recent openings and how a third card would affect your scores.   Given that the refi is your next goal,  IMHO, it would be better to Garden until you close. 

Cheers

ps, you never really need to justify opening a card here from what i have gathered 👍🏼

Message 13 of 15
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

And condolences about your Mum.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Profound read. Thank you for sharing this, and my condolences for your loss. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.