Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I get screwed on Citi DC and how do I fix it

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why did I get screwed on Citi DC and how do I fix it

OP, while on the surface there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason on the assigned SL, this is likely due to DC being your first card with Citi and already having quite a bit of available credit relative to income. Had this been your 2nd or 3rd CC with them then the results would've been more favorable.

Can this be overcome? Sure. Over a period of time. Now, keep in mind that you can try the EO route as mentioned above but they do not make the CLI decision and you don't get to speak with their UW unit. They simply forward your request (or grievances) for reconsideration and this would result in a HP. As with anything, maybe worth a shot, but YEMV.

So, if the CL seems to be somewhat of a minor set back or inconvenience, you can try that approach.
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did I get screwed on Citi DC and how do I fix it

OP, I wouldn't bang my head against the wall on this card. Use it for the $500 limit it has and try for a SP CLI down the road. I certainly wouldn't take a HP for a CLI that may or may not happen.

If I were to take a HP, it would be to get a different card; Citi DC isn't the only game in town. Consider the Fidelity 2% Visa. Or go one better and get a 3% card like the Alliant Visa or the Discover it Miles. Then once the first year is up, if you've used your Citi DC judiciously, you should be ripe for a CLI on the DC and will have earned some nicer cashback while waiting.

Chris.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.