cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do credit card companies soft you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do credit card companies soft you?

I looked at my EX report today, and the softs, what does the prefix DTC, and AD PRM?

Message 11 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Watchmann wrote:

I've been opted out since it first became available and I just checked a recent credit report and the only softs are with those companies I have accounts or business with (CC cos, insurance cos, etc).  Since each soft costs something I don't think a grantor would want to pay for something and not be able to act on the information.

That very well could be exactly right.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 12 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I looked at my EX report today, and the softs, what does the prefix DTC, and AD PRM?

DTC-  It means Determine(ation) To (Offer) Credit. It is for pre-approved offers.

PRM- Inquiries with this prefix indicate that only your name and address were given to a credit grantor so they can provide you a firm offer of credit or insurance.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok sorry for the questions lol but DTC is obviously a much more intrustive way to see the report if they are not your creditor, although i did request the recon so they had permissible purpose......just on EX website its not mentioned what that means, BTW why does Bloomingdales SOFT ME EVERY SINGE DAY on my EQ  its been open forever! since April They have soft 90 TIMES! and of course weird, AMEX which i still love and have my 5 cards with. softs me 4-7 times a month weird?

Message 14 of 17
-RED
Regular Contributor

Amex pulls me sometimes up to 3-4 times in a day, and I don't have a personal account with them.

I only use to carry a corp amex card.

Weird!

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok sorry for the questions lol but DTC is obviously a much more intrustive way to see the report if they are not your creditor, although i did request the recon so they had permissible purpose......just on EX website its not mentioned what that means, BTW why does Bloomingdales SOFT ME EVERY SINGE DAY on my EQ  its been open forever! since April They have soft 90 TIMES! and of course weird, AMEX which i still love and have my 5 cards with. softs me 4-7 times a month weird?

-800 or Bust...!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

they can use the information for other adverse actions like cl reduction reduction or to close the account. one reason EX is so popular is the keep a 24 month balance history that useful in in hose risk assessment model
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX i dont care about, and they are softing my best CR!!! If i COULD get my real FICO i am sure its close to 810! But the concern is my Bloomingdales, as long as they have been softing EVERYDAY FOR 3 MONTHS!!! They never even pulled Equifax when they made a decision on my Major purchases account they used EX. yet they dont soft TU or EX? NO CLD no CLI weird weird weird!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.