Did you mean: 

Why do people insist on doing this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do people insist on doing this?

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only time I think issuers might get spooked is if you have a solid payment history, spotless credit profile, CLs of $20K+ on each card, and all of a sudden you start that payment behavior, especially in a time like this, they might think something is going on. And a CLD would not surprise me if it happened. Anyone willing to test that theory?

So aside from the "all of a sudden" caveat, and not all of my cards have $20K+ CL's, the rest of your mentioned criteria fits my profile and I have not yet had a CLD or any other AA. I continue to pay each lender about once or twice a week.

If you've been doing that for a while, I wouldn't worry about it. Your scores of course don't warrant a need for it, but if they're used to it, I see no harm.

In this environment, a sudden change in payment habits might get your account looked at.

Message 21 of 24
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Well said! I pay multiple times a month. Sometimes 4 or 5 times if I have to. I've been rebuilding with a Cap 1 platinum 300 limit for a few months, that limit can run up fast. I'm just trying to put spend on it and make sure it's on time.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 22 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

The bottom line is we should all do what works best for any of us to manage spending and use credit responsibly (thanks Capt. Obvious!) 

For me, I don't see how making multiple payments a month would spook any lender, I don't buy that. That can just as easily be viewed as responsible behavior. I happen to be obsessive compulsive about my balances being zero and that hasn't stopped me from gaining CLI's, and have never had an AA as a result. I pay my balances every couple days, which also allows me to regularly monitor my accounts, and no lender has expressed reservations about me doing that. It's kinda like credit whack-a-mole...charge, paid, bam!

@PullingMeSoftly 

Hey as long as they let you. Do what you do.

I've seen several members that didn't buy it either. Until their cards were declined. Only to find out Chase or another lender sent their account to the fraud department because of the way they paid. One fellow was paying every time he got home daily. Just thinking about that, it is kind of ridiculous. lol Sorry thinking out loud. 

Paying once or twice a week is nothing compared to what I've seen in these forums. Smiley Very Happy

You can over do any good thing.

@Mr_Mojo_Risin 

Your situation is different. We're referring to folks that have CLs much larger than what they'd ever go over in a given month.

Message 23 of 24
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they understand that if you have a $1K limit, a balance of $800 and then you pay it off, then make a $500 charge after it clears, you have a gallon of water and a 1/2 gallon container. 

I like the way you put this.....very metaphorical.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.