cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you need so many credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do you need so many credit cards?

that's what you all are misconceiving. being a churned isn't negative it's your lifestyle and if you get 2-3 trips a year then by all means do what you wish. if your profile supports it i don't see a problem.
Message 21 of 80
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
well, now that all the churners answered, here's a realist approach: typically the "right" 3-4 cards will be very beneficial. granted if you travel a lot and enjoy free travel then get a card for the spend bonus and then it may not be used much after that. if you spread your spend over too many cards then the rewards will add up slowly on each and it may take longer to redeem.

as to having fewer cards with high limits vs more cards with lower limits that depends on your personal values. i have 13  14 cards but over half of them will never be swiped again. your financial plan determines what cards you use for what, but essentially (unless you have high spend) using more than 4 a month really slows down your earning potential per card. yes, per transaction you get more "rewards" but it's a slow slow process. YMMV but i like a simple system overall

Former churner huh Lol 

I misunderstood myjourney.  He's right, in my previous stints, I did it...so I churned, so what?  I love butter! Smiley Very Happy

Churn.gif

Message 22 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
that's what you all are misconceiving. being a churned isn't negative it's your lifestyle and if you get 2-3 trips a year then by all means do what you wish. if your profile supports it i don't see a problem.

I think people's feathers were ruffled because you characterized a page and a half of posters as being churners.

Message 23 of 80
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think people's feathers were ruffled because you characterized a page and a half of posters as being churners.

Thanks jaylau but, trust me, my feathers weren't ruffled at all!  He just cracks me up!

Message 24 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

but what exactly is the downside to that? your credit file can support many new high level cards a year and you can meet the bonus and get free or cheap trips? you tell me the problem in that please. i have yet to find one.
Message 25 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
but what exactly is the downside to that? your credit file can support many new high level cards a year and you can meet the bonus and get free or cheap trips? you tell me the problem in that please. i have yet to find one.

Obviously us churners don't see a problem with that. That's why we're doing it. Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a few now.
I like the Amex because we fly a lot so it come in great for skymiles
I just got the Barclay Apple rewards in the last month I really racked up the points because of the apple products I have and want to have. With Xmas around the corner and 3 kids all wanting Apple products this will benefit me. After Christmas probably not so much.
I got the Sony play station rewards card. We currently have 4 play stations and of coarse they all have to play different games.
im still learning the rewards process but with the lower limits I have I want to keep my utilization low. So everything's all on a different card that I PIF every month.
Some cards auto pay bills that I normally pay. So I can work on a nice solid payment history.
Currently 14 or 15 cards report every month.
Another card we are going to strictly use for groceries.
Mainly mine is just to build on. In a few years I'll be able to get rid of a few as I get higher SL and the better cards in my wallet.
Message 27 of 80
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
well, now that all the churners answered, here's a realist approach: typically the "right" 3-4 cards will be very beneficial. granted if you travel a lot and enjoy free travel then get a card for the spend bonus and then it may not be used much after that. if you spread your spend over too many cards then the rewards will add up slowly on each and it may take longer to redeem.

as to having fewer cards with high limits vs more cards with lower limits that depends on your personal values. i have 13  14 cards but over half of them will never be swiped again. your financial plan determines what cards you use for what, but essentially (unless you have high spend) using more than 4 a month really slows down your earning potential per card. yes, per transaction you get more "rewards" but it's a slow slow process. YMMV but i like a simple system overall

Former churner huh Lol 

I misunderstood myjourney.  He's right, in my previous stints, I did it...so I churned, so what?  I love butter! Smiley Very Happy

Churn.gif

Sick ROFLOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 28 of 80
Open123
Super Contributor

This is killing me...Hahaha

Message 29 of 80
elim
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

This is killing me...Hahaha

lmao, yes....   that's a keeper

Message 30 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.