cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you need so many credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do you need so many credit cards?

lol you all are ridiculous. you're finding anything you can to gang up on someone. obviously i don't app for useless cards anymore but yes, you know it all lol. continue with indulging me in how smart you think you are. it's quite entertaining honestly. your attempts at making me look dumb are mildly adorable and worthy of a chuckle. Smiley Wink i am having more fun than you are, so please, continue.
Message 71 of 80
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
lol you all are ridiculous. you're finding anything you can to gang up on someone. obviously i don't app for useless cards anymore but yes, you know it all lol. continue with indulging me in how smart you think you are. it's quite entertaining honestly. your attempts at making me look dumb are mildly adorable and worthy of a chuckle. Smiley Wink i am having more fun than you are, so please, continue.

You are probably in your 20s....and have a whole life ahead of you AND a lot to learn on these forums. You have two ears wink wink and 1 mouth. 

Message 72 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still want a dress made of Amex's. 

Just so I could fling my body across the register like a old western bar fight while screeching "Charge!"

...haute couture.

Message 73 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I needed that. The visual is killing me Smiley Very Happy
Message 74 of 80
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I agree pc has become silly

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 75 of 80
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

What an interesting read! I wasn't considering becoming a churner and now I am. Especially since I hit the spend on my new additions already. Decisions, decisions, decisions.......

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 76 of 80
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

What an interesting read! I wasn't considering becoming a churner and now I am. Especially since I hit the spend on my new additions already. Decisions, decisions, decisions.......

I sense denial. Smiley Very Happy

Message 77 of 80
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Smiley LOL

I'm actually not interested in a relationship with Chase, so thankfully that's not an issue. I'm only concerned with how churning would look once I go mortgage shopping in a couple of years. If any churners have any insights on that, I'd be interested in hearing.

Message 78 of 80
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Smiley LOL

I'm actually not interested in a relationship with Chase, so thankfully that's not an issue. I'm only concerned with how churning would look once I go mortgage shopping in a couple of years. If any churners have any insights on that, I'd be interested in hearing.

Generally (weasal word!) the mortgage underwriters aren't going to delve into credit card history in great detail.   They are concerned with score, and your open obligations.   Obviosuly churning can impact score through inqs and AAoA, but with a thick file, it matters less.    While not an official churner, I have more closed cards than open ones, and the only time credit cards were mentioned in my many mortgage experiences was when a new inq showed up shortly before application, and I had to explain if I got a new line, and if so how much etc.

Now I always get mortagages on the internet.   If I churned Chase or Citi and went directly to them for a mortgage, I guess it could be different. 

Message 79 of 80
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Thanks for the datapoints LTL! I will either get a mortgage from a CU or the Internet (whichever offers the lowest rate), so your experience is very helpful!

Message 80 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.