Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doe Amex think I carry balances?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Why doe Amex think I carry balances?

I always PIF so I'm not sure why I recieved this insulting offer.Capturefee.PNG

I don't know if that spells a bad omen and if so, how can I make amex think I'm a responsible person who doesn't carry balances. Hopefully I'm never targetted for an offer like this. What factors would Amex think that I deserve that offer?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Why doe Amex think I carry balances?

I'm curious. Why do you think it's insulting?

The only thing that looks unusual to me is that it appears they're giving you a very short time to take advantage of the offer. Otherwise, unless you find something out of whack with the interest rate, it looks like a pretty standard offer for a cardholder to get.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you assume an annual rate of inflation of 2%, then a 0% balance transfer with a 3% fee is approximately equivalent in real dollars. Leveraging someone else's money for effectively no cost to you can open a lot of opportunities if used correctly.
Message 3 of 29
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Online chat CSR said it's offered to all cardmembers who applied on.

History of my credit
Message 4 of 29
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

What part of the offer is offensive to you? What type of offer do you think you should receive? You have a young file, correct?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah im in concurrence with everyone so far, this is no way insulting. Looks like a normal bt offer.Just getting a bt offer is sometimes good in that some people cant seem to get them. You pay in full , thats great , but you never know when you may want to move a balance for a few months .
Message 6 of 29
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
What part of the offer is offensive to you? What type of offer do you think you should receive? You have a young file, correct?

Statement credit because I like $$. Maybe spend $1000 and get $250. My profile is 7 montths.

History of my credit
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're in for a disappointment in the credit card points and miles hobby if you are looking for offers like that. You'll only see them as signup bonuses (and with Amex that's once per lifetime per product) and retention offers (if you're lucky). Amex offered me a bonus of 5000 SPG points once but I had to spend $5000 to get it (and I did not--I'll do $5000 on the Platinum for 60,000 points, but not on the SPG for 5000 SPG points).
Message 8 of 29
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

Statement credit because I like $$. Maybe spend $1000 and get $250. My profile is 7 montths.

We all like money.  Especially the banks.  None of them gives out offers like that.  Why would they?

If you don't need a balance transfer then don't take the offer.  No need to take it personally.

Message 9 of 29
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Sub, is this for a new card, or does the offer apply to your current card?

At any rate, they're trying to get your money. Feel good about that rather than feeling insulted.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.