cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does AMEX want me to fill out a 4506-T?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does AMEX want me to fill out a 4506-T?

AMEX abruptly suspending charging out our Gold charge card and is making my wife and I fill out a 4506-T? Our account manager is very vague as to why; and won't accept copies of recent bank statements or pay stubs. When I filed our taxes last year I made about 48k; since that time I've received a significant raise and married. Our income this year has increased substantially, into the low 6 digits - which is what i listed for "current household income" on the pre-approval app.

Why are they doing this? Is this just a bunch of red tape before they close our account? If they compare our current spending with our "official" income last year of 48k; they probably will close the account. Sounds like a bunch of BS.  Our "account manager" acts like I lied on our app; but I just listed our current household income.  Now what?
The account is one year old and we have never made a late payment

How do I prove our current income to Amex when they're only looking at our past returns? This is the part I don't understand  I emailed AMEX today; but just received a simple reply to contact my account manager.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Why does AMEX want me to fill out a 4506-T?

I just got out of a FR which is what its called (Financial Review). As long as you explain the situation with you making more money this year youll probably be ok. Your previous years income is not bad so I wouldnt think they would close you. They might set a spending limit on your account which is what they did to me. Just means you can only spend a set amount each month. Sorry you got FR'd. It sucks.

Message 2 of 3
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Re: Why does AMEX want me to fill out a 4506-T?

That form gives them permission to review your tax returns. This is a common practice of Amex.

Unfortunately, the account will remain suspended unless you comply.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.