Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Sam's Club Love Me?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Why does Sam's Club Love Me?

Got the card in 8/2012, was given a $800 CL, about 6 months later I hit the love button, and boom, $4000 CLI, raising my CL to $4800, 4 months later I hit the love button thinking I might get a $200 CLI, nope boom a $5000 CLI, raising the card to $9800 CLI, the card turned 1 year old on the first, today in the mail I get the upgrade notice, wow I will have a discover card with nearly a 10k limit. Hmm do I loose my garden status if I don't refuse the upgrade, oh well a nearly $10k limit Discover is worth it.

Now my Walmart card will be 2 years old in November, I hit the love button last week and got the dreaded we can't give you a CLI at this time, so the card that started at $600, have been given a number of smaller CLI's perhaps $1k max at one time, the card is now at $3300 CL, both cards have had use and on time payments, never a late on any payment, Walmart TU is at 697.

Amazon card is 2 years and 4 months old currently at $3900, have received many small increases I think the largest way about $1600 at one time. I know I have used the amazon card more than the Sam's club card, currently paying off $1300 in promotional zero percent deals.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: Why does Sam's Club Love Me?

@jamesdwi wrote:

Got the card in 8/2012, was given a $800 CL, about 6 months later I hit the love button, and boom, $4000 CLI, raising my CL to $4800, 4 months later I hit the love button thinking I might get a $200 CLI, nope boom a $5000 CLI, raising the card to $9800 CLI, the card turned 1 year old on the first, today in the mail I get the upgrade notice, wow I will have a discover card with nearly a 10k limit. Hmm do I loose my garden status if I don't refuse the upgrade, oh well a nearly $10k limit Discover is worth it.

Now my Walmart card will be 2 years old in November, I hit the love button last week and got the dreaded we can't give you a CLI at this time, so the card that started at $600, have been given a number of smaller CLI's perhaps $1k max at one time, the card is now at $3300 CL, both cards have had use and on time payments, never a late on any payment, Walmart TU is at 697.

Amazon card is 2 years and 4 months old currently at $3900, have received many small increases I think the largest way about $1600 at one time. I know I have used the amazon card more than the Sam's club card, currently paying off $1300 in promotional zero percent deals.

I had the same ting happen to me 800 CL at approval then four mounts later 4,000 CL increase too. Just no upgrade yet.

Message 2 of 20
JonStur
Established Contributor

We've all tried to figure out why some GE cards give CLIs and others don't...however, much like Stonehenge, after exhaustive study the mystery remains...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 3 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your upgrade! If you choose not to activate the upgrade then your status stays intact. If, like me you take the upgrade then you will be a seedling just like me. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 20
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar experience with the Sam's club card.

I got to 10k in under a year (approximately 8 months) luckily I started with the Discover version.

Congratulations!
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 5 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Comgrats Nice limit as well 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 20
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

they want to have babies w/ u lol!!!!Smiley Happy

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 7 of 20
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Wow. Very nice CLIs, Congrats!

Message 8 of 20
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I would activate the upgrade if it were me. Plus, being a seedling isnt all bad. I remember having a lot more fun as a kid than as an adult. Plus, you are getting a Discover with a $10K limit out of it. I would say its worth it. 

Than again, I am a frequesnt escapee of the garden and am apparently # 6 of 10 in the ERT 10 most wanted.

Message 9 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Congrats! I would activate the upgrade if it were me. Plus, being a seedling isnt all bad. I remember having a lot more fun as a kid than as an adult. Plus, you are getting a Discover with a $10K limit out of it. I would say its worth it. 

Than again, I am a frequesnt escapee of the garden and am apparently # 6 of 10 in the ERT 10 most wanted.

That would be correct 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.