cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my PPMC EQ report update daily?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does my PPMC EQ report update daily?

Like.. why? This is super annoying.

07_13_20_13_33.png07_13_20_13_32 (5).png07_13_20_13_32 (4).png07_13_20_13_32 (3).png07_13_20_13_32 (2).png07_13_20_13_32.png

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Re: Why does my PPMC EQ report update daily?

That is the weirdest things I have ever seen all of my Synchrony cards report when the statement cuts and somewhere in between like mid month. Though I don't have Paypal I have Ebay and so far that has not happened. Maybe message Synchrony Online or call them.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 2 of 18
Hex
Valued Contributor

Sync off cycle reports very frequently. I'm surprised they reported your zero balance because they usually only report when your balance goes up or at statement time. I think they do it to rat you out to all of your creditors. Don't use their cards if you are about to make an important app like a mortgage. It annoys me greatly. Assume any charge you make on a Sync card might be reported as soon as it posts.

Message 3 of 18
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

WOW. That's insane. They did a mid-cycle report for me once and I thought THAT was annoying lol. This is just excessive. 

Message 4 of 18
Hex
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

On the bright side you did get bunch of free FICO 8 score updates.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Synchrony isn't consistent with this, either, but they're the only creditor that I have seen do this (other than Chase when an account is paid to $0).  My Rakuten card turned a month old yesterday and with only 1 statement cut, Synchrony has already done 4 bureau updates.  My Lowe's and Amazon card never reported off-cycle as far as I can recall, nor did my PayPal Credit account which I paid off within a month or two of Synchrony acquiring that account from Comenity.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync did this to me the first few months after I got my Amazon and PayPal cards. It stopped and hasn't occurred since. Just one of their quirks. 

Message 7 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Like.. why? This is super annoying.

07_13_20_13_33.png07_13_20_13_32 (5).png07_13_20_13_32 (4).png07_13_20_13_32 (3).png07_13_20_13_32 (2).png07_13_20_13_32.png

Because Synchonary 

Message 8 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

On a serious note, I closed my only card with them because of reporting every three days, or whenever I bought something.  

It was annoying me. 

Message 9 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

My Verizon Visa was opened June 24th, with first statement closing 17th. They've reported 3 times already. Definitely annoying!!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.