cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have I been given so much credit?

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why have I been given so much credit?

@vayub4 wrote:

wow at just 19?!!!!! It's so good to have connections!!! 800 credit scores and over $200k in annual salary, that's almost a perfect life right there!!!!

I just want to point out that the OP said he is in luxury real estate in NYC - there is no salary in luxury real estate. It is 100% commission - unless he is working for one of the "new model" brokerages and I don't think that is the case.

$200k in commissions is actually low for a luxury real estate agent in NYC - but he is in the learning stage from what I gather since he is new in the business.  

BTW, I totally get his post.  It is possible and even probable, that his income is exactly as stated. 

Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an entrepreneur and In my opinion, it is important for entrepreneurs to have up to date information about loans, business credit, cash flow management and accounting for the success of business.

Message 42 of 46
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I would like to know the length of the OP's  AU.  My Son has been an AU since he was 16.  He currently has about 45k in avail Credit among 5 cards.1 Card is an AU.  He has an installment loan as well and his current Fico 08 is 774. He will turn 21 in September.  800's seem to be a stretch for a 18 to 21 year old. Unless of course it's a fako.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 43 of 46
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When people post here with limits in the high 100k's, they have income well into the millions. It is decent when compared with the credit I have been given. If I made $30k/year I would not have CC's with high limits. Period. Decent in terms of my limit, but just for the record, its top 5%. 

This is where you are wrong.  There are plenty of people here at the fora, with 5 figure incomes and credit lines 5 and 6 times their annual income (above $200,000).  Credit limits are dependent upon several factors.  It is certainly OK to ask why your limits are what they are, but be careful when assuming things that plainly are not true.

I agree with BB. There are tons of people here that double and triple their salaries in available credit. I see you're a new member. My advice would be to stick around here for a while and you'll see there are always outliers and rarely absolutes in credit. One of my cards almost is equal to my annual salary. Peanuts compared to yours, but still it defy's your absolute statement above. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, it's cuz you're a boss.

Message 45 of 46
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

You must be pretty mature to sell real estate at 19/20 y/o! Congrats on pretty awesome sounding credit profile! (I don't live far from NYC, can you get me a job? Just kidding!!!!😀)
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.